Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Shift dragging out and no WOT shift

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  iroczen 
#1 ·
Hello I'm a noob to the forum, but I read through the pages and didnt see a problem quite like mine. I have a 2005 silverado with a 5.3 and a 4l60e trans. I just bought it KNOWING it had some problems. I ran the trouble codes on it and found a knock sensor code, two codes for the TPS and one code for the APP. I also noticed when I drove the truck that it held the first gear shift WAAAY to long and I had to physically take my foot OFF the pedal to shift. If you took it out the highway and tried to kick it down to passing gear, it droppped down a couple gears and bounced off the redline and would not upshift till I took my foot off the pedal. I was told by several mechanics in town that since it was a drive by wire system that replacing the tps should fix the issue. Well I tore it down last night and put knock sensors, TPS, and APP on it. The service engine light is now off and it shifts BETTER but still not correctly. Still drags the shift way out unless I remove foot from gas, and goes to the correct gear in passing kickdown, but wont upshift at wot. I was trying to find out if there was anything else to cause this or if Id better just figure on a new tranny. Any help would be GREAT! Thanks so much!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.