Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

TRANSFER CASE

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dan58 
#1 ·
My truck has been giving a engine code every once in a while, It happens when i do a hard acceleration going about 55-65. The code it gives me says it is a 5th gear incorrect ratio. Well after doing alot of reading and research also talking with a trans tech. I have found out it is my transfer case. Because on the Allison AT1000 the speed sensor is on the transmission and the output shaft sensor is on the transfer case. If the numbers dont match what they are supposed to the trans goes into fail safe mode and locks into 4th gear. I did a close inspection on the underside and found that the transfer case has acctually rubbed a whole in the side from the pump inside. It is now leaking a small amount of fluid. So i know that this is causing the issue. But does anyone know any good places that sell them or recommend a good after market? From what i have read this problem is on all trucks 01-07. I know this is going to at least cost me $1400.
Id get pics but its dark now and ill be in the hospital tomorrow and on bed rest for the next 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.