jQuery not supported.

Transmission issues with rebuilt 4L60E in 1997 Silverado

Transmission issues with rebuilt 4L60E in 1997 Silverado

Postby WHITERADO [OP] » May 04 2011, 3:52am

I just had the 4L60E rebuilt in my 1997 Silverado 2wd. Shifts great through the gears, but as soon as I let off on the gas the truck lunges or jerks like it has momentarily lost power. It tends to do it after the truck has warmed up and pretty bad around 40-50 MPH. Anyone out there have any ideas?
Original Poster
WHITERADO
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 1997
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Freshly rebuilt 4l60e slipping when shifting   4l60e transmission swap   No 1st or 2nd gear on 4L60E transmission   Chevy 4L60e transmission shift at low temps.   1997 Silverado 2-4WD neutral?   Transmission Issues   Transmission Issues --- Anyone Have Ideas?   Allison Transmission Issues   Cruise control and transmission issues   transmission/transfer case issues   1995 K2500 Transmission issues? HELP!   Rebuilt trans cost??????   REBUILT MY 2004 DASH TODAY   Newly rebuilt 5.3L burning oil with less then 500 miles!? 
Transmission/Drivetrain Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: TRANSMISSION ISSUES

Postby lzn197 » May 04 2011, 1:08pm

Does it feel like it decelerates like a vehicle with a manual transmission? And then after a second or so feel ok? That sounds like a torque converter clutch that is not unlocking.
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Re: Transmission issues with rebuilt 4L60E in 1997 Silverado

Postby WHITERADO [OP] » May 05 2011, 1:01am

It literally feels like someone pulls the plug for a split second, the truck lunges it is so bad. I just read 2 error codes on my truck today. 1 was an o2 sensor(bank 2 sensor 1) and the other was the camshaft position sensor. I just replaced my rotor and distributor cover last week. Guess I will be taking those back off again.
Original Poster
WHITERADO
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 1997
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain