jQuery not supported.

Transmission Shift Firmness

Transmission Shift Firmness

Postby cameron626 [OP] » Oct 28 2011, 2:19am

I recently purchased a hypertech max energy programmer. I set the rev limiter to 6000 and raised each gears shift
point by 500 rpm. Under full acceleration the engine seems to freeze in between 1st and 2nd gear before a hard shift
occurs. Surely it can't be the rev limiter kicking in is it? Anybody else had a problem like this?
Original Poster
cameron626
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Transmission Shift Firmness

Postby DRK4X4 » Oct 28 2011, 9:05pm

I have no experience with that one, but I had a friend put a Bully Dog in his 05 Duarmax. After the install, it started shifting bad. We called the support line and they said it takes time for the programmer to "learn" what it's supposed to do. It did finally get smoothed out by itself.
I'm not sure if yours will or not, but I figured I'd share that info just in case.
The 2nd Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security- NRA
DRK4X4
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 2500 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Transmission Shift Firmness

Postby starspangled6.0 » Oct 28 2011, 11:53pm

cameron626 wrote:I recently purchased a hypertech max energy programmer. I set the rev limiter to 6000 and raised each gears shift
point by 500 rpm. Under full acceleration the engine seems to freeze in between 1st and 2nd gear before a hard shift
occurs. Surely it can't be the rev limiter kicking in is it? Anybody else had a problem like this?

I'm pretty certain the instructions say that unless you change out the internals in the engine, you shouldn't touch the rev limiter (speed limiter is OK, as long as your tires are rated to handle the speed).

You probably should talk to Hypertech on this one... I recently put one on, too, and my tranny acts just fine. I only raised the shift firmness, though.
07 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Crew Cab Dually
04 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Extended Cab w\Hiniker 8.5 V
03 Sierra 2500HD 6.0L Extended Cab w\BOSS 8.2' V

http://www.integrityoutdoor.biz
starspangled6.0
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 309
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 3500HD 6.6L Duramax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain