jQuery not supported.

transmission

transmission swap?

transmission

Postby REPOMAN [OP] » May 03 2010, 4:15pm

i have a 2000 gmc z71 sierra 1500 with 236000 miles and a 4L60E trans the truck shifts trough 1st 2nd and 3rd just fine but wont go any higher. is this a big expensive fix or something simple ,and i have a friend that has a 4L60E transmission for a two wheel drive truck will it work on my 4x4 ?
Original Poster
REPOMAN
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: transmission

Postby Custom_car_creations » May 12 2010, 1:11am

It is the same trani, but you have to remove the 2wd tail stock and bolt in the adapter plate that will allow you to add the transfer case. Remember to replace the gasket.
Custom_car_creations
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 4.8v8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: transmission

Postby armandjones82 » Jun 11 2010, 1:59am

If ever you are in a budget scrimp and would like to buy a GM Truck Parts especially if you need something for your transmission problem, try to search over the internet and look for resources that may best fit your budget. I'm sure there are a lot of items around here that can help your truck perform better.:)
Last edited by Austin on Jun 11 2010, 6:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam link removed.
armandjones82
Year: 2000
Variant: Hybrid
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain