Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Trouble with 4L80e

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  robfriedenberger 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I am a newbie, and in dyer need of your help. This is my first post, so please bear with me if I make some mistakes.

My truck is a 2002 Silverado, 2500HD, 6L Vortec, with a 4L80e

A few days ago I replaced the "rear main seal" on my truck. I disconnected all the plugs and sensors on the transmission, pulled the tranny, TC, flex plate, and installed the main seal. I put everything back together, started it up, and half the gauges on my instrument cluster don't move. Anything related to the transmission is dead. The speedometer, the tachometer, the trans temp, and the digital gear selector and mileage counter. All dead, completely blank.

I am thinking I must have overlooked something, damaged one of the pigtails, or ruined the wiring harness some how??

Because of this, the tranny goes into limp mode and is stuck in second gear. Neutral and reverse work fine, and shifting from 1-2 is fine.

Any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

See less See more
#7 ·
I'll check the oil on the ground at the block. I don't think I missed any electrical connectors? I got the input and output speed sensors (2) I got the main harness at the rear of the transmission that goes to the tcm (1) and I got the two on the side of the transmission with the shift linkage for the neutral safety override (2). For a total of (5). Can you think of any that I may have missed?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.