jQuery not supported.

Won't go into 4x4

Won't go into 4x4

Postby tnfarmboy [OP] » Jan 12 2011, 4:38am

I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 with manual transfer case & auto transmission. It has always been hard to get into four wheel drive like the linkage was in a bind. Now I can’t get it to go in at all. I took the linkage off at the transfer case and the linkage moves freely so it’s internal in the transfer case. Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!!
Original Poster
tnfarmboy
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  4x4 won't engage..need help   4x4 won't engage   2007 Chevy 4x4 won't Engage   5.3 4l60e 4x4 swap out to a 6.0 4l80e 4x4.   won't turn over   Won't go in drive PLEASE HELP   Won't go into 4 Low   SS won't start   Truck won't fire   Stumped, won't crank   Window won't roll down   caliper won't bleed   2002 5.3 won't turn over   Headlights won't Shut Off 
Transmission/Drivetrain Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Won't go into 4x4

Postby koolz71 » Jan 12 2011, 4:01pm

Sounds like something is either broken off or has gotten stuck inside your transfer case. Sounds like this may have been an ongoing issue and may have just finally let loose. I would recomend taking it to a shop that you trust have them look at it. As for hearing of this issue. I havent heard that...most the time i hear the linkage moves freely but will not engage..so im not sure
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain