Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck Of The Month - January 2015

4K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  SilverSurfer 
#1 ·
SilveradoSierra.com's monthly Truck of the Month competition is here! Take the best picture, get the most votes, and you might just take home the bragging rights as winner of our Truck of the Month competition.

Please read the entire introduction before submitting your entry!

This month's theme is:
What Did Your Truck Get For Christmas?
It'll really help if it's something we can see.

Be creative with your truck and get those cameras clicking to claim fame to January 2015's Truck Of The Month!
Remember, this competition is as much about the picture quality as it is about featuring your truck.

Competition Rules

1) Photograph submissions are allowed during the first 3 weeks of every month. After the 21st day, the top 10 trucks will be entered into the poll for the final voting. The poll will be open until the end of the month, and then the winner will be declared.

However, if the number of entries exceeds 20, on Janurary 22nd I will be asking the membership to submit their picks for the Top 10. On the 23rd I will compile those to determine the final Top 10. I'll post more information at that time.

2) The winner won't be allowed to enter another Truck of the Month competition for 3 months.

3) You are limited to one entry with two photos per member, per month. This means once you submit your 2 photos, you cannot offer substitutes later on in the same competition.

4) You may include a comment in your entry, but please do not comment on other member's entries.

5) Any photos that have any evidence of re-touching or Photoshop work will be deleted immediately. Repeat offenders may be banned from entering the competition. Cropping is allowed as well as blocking out your license plate.

6) To avoid confusion and to streamline the competition, Staff Members will chose the Truck of the Month theme.

If site members have an idea for a theme for the month, they may post it here: T.O.T.M. Themes/Ideas
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is very hard to find just 10 members to enter in the voting booth. Here are a few tips to help make the list:

1. Enter two Pictures. Take full advantage of the competition rules. Different angles are great.

2. When taking your pictures, take multiple pictures of each angle. You may find some shots came out better than others. Since everyone's digital it only costs a little memory until you pick the best shots.

3. Feature you whole truck bumper to bumper. Regardless of the theme, the idea is to feature your truck.

4. Keep true to the theme. If necessary, explain the reasoning why you feel the pictures meet the theme.

5. Do not edit your photo. Cropping is okay, and blocking out the license plate, but if the picture appears to have the color/brightness/contrast/etc. altered it will be one of the first to be cut.

See less See more
#5 ·
Christmas was good to Shadow this year! Some stuff was put on in early December to have before bad weather hit. She got all of the following:

Rims and tires- from my pop
Face lift (blacked out grille and impact bar)- from me
One months payment- from grandma
Under hood lighting- from me
New alignment- from me
2" RC level kit and 1.25" RC body lift- from me
Free installation and mounting/balancing for rims/tires/level/lift- from mechanic

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got my truck back from the shop on Christmas Eve after having my Christmas gifts for the next few years put on; Kooks Headers + Y-Pipe w/ High Flow Cats, Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block II Muffler, Rough Country 3.5" Suspension Lift, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 33" Tires, and MGP Caliper Covers. So far, it's been a happy New Year!
20141230_135032.jpg

20141230_143333.jpg

Attachments

#8 ·
What did my truck get for Christmas? A brand new Westin HDX grille guard!

Before:

After!

Brief call out and thanks to AutoAnything.com for a great experience and a good deal on the grille guard!

Big thanks to Westin Automotive for a great kit, good instructions, and a lot of fun putting it on!

~Epyon

#9 ·
Well, aside from the truck itself being my Christmas present this year, I had to get her some tint for the windows and a nice bath:

#10 ·
A 2013 LTZ split grill , then I painted the Bowite and taped up the Outter-Chrome and sprayed the Inner Chrome Mesh Black....Cheap 18" Rockstar find on local Craigslist , a set of Cooper Discoverer 33's , and a Good Cleaning...indoors ( in from the freezing night)

Attachments

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
just a few little things for Christmas like tinted headlights, got some new 3000k HID fogs to replace my old 6000k's, and I am currently retrofitting custom fitted halos into my headlights by ledconcepts! she did however get a tad festive and brought the Christmas spirit to town :D
QuickMemo+_2015-01-13-18-56-29-1.png

20150101_095249_HDR.jpg

Attachments

#21 ·
Full list of Christmas goodies for my truck.
N-fab prerunner Lightbar
3M headlight tint on all 4 lights
LED concepts custom LED package for Headlights and Bumper lights
Yukon 30 spline axle shafts
Eaton detroit locker
Yukon diffferential cover color matched by me
Custom vinyl prints.

Attachments

#23 ·
Santa's sled was full of upgrades this year for the truck.

Low Pro tonno cover. Nothing fancy but keeps the elements out.
Cooper ST Maxx tires 295/70/18's Really liking these tires.
Brute G2 high capacity diff cover. 2 extra quarts and a solid, well made cover

Attachments

#25 ·
Okay, so here we are! Y'all know how this works... I need your Top Ten selections for Truck Of The Month. The order doesn't matter, they all get equal weight. If there's a tie for 10th place, I will make that decision myself. Everyone, by now, knows how I make my choices.

You have 48 hours to make your selections. I'll lock this thread at midnight, January 23rd, Arizona time. No entries will be accepted beyond this point.

Good luck to all!

SilverSurfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.