Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2014 Silverado release date coming soon??

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  07silvr 
#1 ·
I went on the Chevy website today and noticed they aren't offering a 2013 Silverado build and price option, and in its place is the 2014 info page. Hmmm........ I do believe GM is getting ready to put the 2014's on the market. Has anyone heard about a for sure no B.S. release date?

#5 ·
Today is April 29, 2013. And it's the day that full-scale production begins for the 2014 K2XX Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks, sending them to showrooms all over North America, according to sources. Specifically, it's the Chevy Silverado and Sierra 1500 crew cab models that will be built first, with deliveries beginning in late May.
By mid-July, the extended cab models will begin production. And by mid-August, the two-door regular cab models will begin rolling off the assembly lines. The 2014 Silverado regular cab will start at $24,585, while the 2014 Sierra will begin at $25,085. Both prices include destination. When equipped with a 5.3L V8 and two-wheel-drive, the half-ton light duty trucks are EPA rated at 23 highway miles per gallon.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/04/201 ... ion-today/

#7 ·
I spoke to my local dealer two days ago and they said they are expecting to get the first ones on their lot in 3-4 weeks. I asked if he had an option or Rpo code list yet and he said he didn't have that information and to check back.

#8 ·
Behind the roll-out of any model lies a process used by GM called Dealer Allocation. Dealer Allocation is quite simply the number of units of a particular model a dealer will be able to acquire (and thus sell) in a given period of time.

#9 ·
I cant wait to get another look at the 2014s. I want to see the ext cab in person, I have seen the crew cab in person.
I will not be able to get one as soon as they come out any way. If the 6.2 is not available until the fall then that is closer to the time I will probably be able to get one.
I want a 6.2 and that is what I was wanting when we bought our current truck (it has the 5.3). This time I am getting what I want exactly and since the wife likes the current truck and wants to keep it that is a good thing. It will be paid off in a couple years and hopefully will last longer than that.
I am looking forward to the 2014s coming out.

#10 ·
There's a video at the top of this page (http://www.freep.com/article/20130508/B ... kup-trucks) which at about 38 seconds in shows the underside. This is the first time I've seen under the truck, and it looks like they may have put circles with numbers on places that have been strengthened or changed.

#12 ·
I saw a 2014 Silverado LTZ here in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago and followed it until it stopped at the airport. I tried to get console inside measurements to design the console safe for it, but it was a factory owned truck and the guy wouldn't let me. The first shipments I know of started the end of last week. I am anxious to get the measurements.

#15 ·
I heard today that they are being shipped from Mexico on two different Rail Lines. Those shipped on Union Pacific are being taken to Mesquite, Texas (Suburb of Dallas) and then being loaded on trucks. Others are going on a Mexican Railroad to Kirby, Texas (Suburb of San Antonio) I hope to have the console safes ready by Mid-June.

#16 ·
Andy Mohr Chevy in Plainfield Indiana told me the end of May they will have them (crew cabs), they are the largest dealer in Indianapolis area

#17 ·
Update:
Andy Mohr Chevy in Plainfield Indiana shows that they have 3 crew cabs in transit, a 1LT, 2LT, and a 1LZ, no pictures yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.