Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

94 Sierra Build Log Then till Now

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CarbonGS 
#1 ·
My name is Tony Van Nguyen. I am 25 year old and work as a Sales Manager / Installer at a custom audio, video, performance, and accessories shop in GA. I've been working on cars since I was 7. I've done a lot of the work on my cars but will be the first to ask for help when I get stumped. I specialize in audio, video and performance parts and love fabricating with fiberglass, wood, etc... Everything I build personally for myself I try to make unique, one off, or custom.

I wanted to use this thread to keep track of what I've done to the truck.

I recently sold my 1967 Ford F100 and found another project truck that is something I can work on and drive at the same time. It was natural to use some of the money that I got from the sale of the truck and put that towards a good daily that is practical, easy to use, and easily attainable for a good price. Of course, I had to find something a little more unique. The result, a 1994 GMC Sierra. A little background on the truck. It is was purchased from the 2nd owner. The original owner had it for 20k miles and was then sold to the gentleman I bought it from in 1995 and he has had it ever since. The truck has 183k on the odometer and is in great shape. It has never been wrecked and there are 0 door dings. It has a very clean 350 (5.7) under the hood with an automatic transmission.

One huge selling point for me on the car was the background. The owner restores old cars and is a Harley enthusiast. He clearly took care of the truck as you will see in the pictures below. The interior is mint and only has two small hairline cracks on the dash. There will be more pictures posted as I build the truck. I plan on respraying the truck in a year or two but will keep the original color. The clear has started to peel in places but the truck itself is in awesome condition. Going for a more resto-mod type build on the truck. I'm going to keep most of the ques on the truck as I love the smooth moon wheels and the stance is perfect for me. It already has an air lift rear kit installed so I am good to go when towing. I hope that it will be something more practical, kinda showy, but mostly reliable

This is my project car that I've been working on for the past 6 years.

On the International AllStars site

Just did an overhaul on it and built the audio and suspension up in the trunk.

Here's the truck. I think I'll call her Lucy

The motor

The incredibly clean interior

There is already a subwoofer box in there. I'll have to take it apart and see what I can do to update it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Already started tinkering with it :)

Replacement air shock kit and spark plugs

Old spark plug

New spark plug

New keyless entry/alarm/remote pager system

Luckily there was already a previous alarm in there

So, we did a little cleaning up

New antenna for the alarm

All the guts we will no longer be needing

All done

Got some tints done on the truck. 15% on the windshield banner, 20% on the front windows and the rear cap window

Here you can see how dark it is

Windshield banner

#3 ·
Looks like a nice ride, man! Welcome to the site!

Please say that you're gonna put a wall in that extended cab! :D

#5 ·
Yea. The wheels rock it on that truck

#7 ·
Hartski said:
Looks like a nice ride, man! Welcome to the site!

Please say that you're gonna put a wall in that extended cab! :D
no wall for me. I already have a car dedicated to sound and show. the truck is going to be more fitted to make it my daily driver. i want all the added comforts but still have functionality.

koolz71 said:
digging the deepdish :)
thanks!

Browny10783 said:
Yea. The wheels rock it on that truck
thank you, I am trying to see if they come in 17"s so that i can get a set just for when I will be towing the Lexus or heavier loads.

oneillt said:
I really like that maroon color, and the interior looks likes it is holding up very well.
thank you. the interior was one of the selling points on the truck. it has a few hairline cracks on the dash but that is normal. if i don't replace it later a black dash mat will cover it up. i'm thinking of making custom 6.5" speaker mounts where the 4x6 dash speakers are now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.