jQuery not supported.

After 35 years I can no longer support GM..

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: After 35 years I can no longer support GM..

Postby Djcoak » Sep 27 2016, 11:34am

I have owned a lot of cars, from a lot of different manufacturers. Overall other than the POS F**d Triton equipped truck I have had good luck. I don't know you but I often wonder when I see posts on people with so many issues with cars. Having one car with the lemon law is a rare occasion, two is unheard of. When I see these posts I wonder, is this person really that unlucky or is he "one of those" customers.

I have had bad experiences with dealers, and I just go somewhere else, that's the beauty of capitalism. The dealer I have now is great and goes over and above with making sure I am satisfied.

I doubt seriously you'll be happy no matter what make you drive, you'll probably nit pick it down to the point where the vehicle becomes another POS. If you do find a good dealer and a vehicle you are happy with, great, but seems to me that probably won't happen. I am sure there are many people who could say John Deere is junk and the company sucks......
Djcoak
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby opc6666 » Jan 09 2017, 3:39am

Here I thought I was the only one getting treated like crap! I bought a 2011 2500HD.
1st insult what does a little lady like u need such a big truck? None ya
2nd truck dies 5 days later while driving on the highway , it gets towed dealer says bad battery . Um ok . Well 7 batteries 3 ground cables later it still gives me problems won't start but just come near the battery with jumper cables it starts . It has spent a total of 2 months combined at the dealer they say theirs nothing wrong with it ! Seriously I can shut it off n have it start unless I shut off the lights radio fans n immediately open the door so everything shuts down . I can only hit the door locks once if I do it twice won't start . But theirs nothing wrong with it . It's been jumped over 1,000 times nothing wrong with it ummm sure ok what does the service rep say when I bing it n tell them whats happening " let the mechanics handle it lil lady" . I drive it I get it serviced I think I know what's going wrong but I'm treated like I'm stupid . It's been 6 yrs still does it I'm going on battery #8 ground cable #4 but nothing is wrong! I can't even sell it cuz of lemon laws n I'd lose my shirt value wise . Tundra is looking pretty good n so is a nice chevy lawn ornament .
opc6666
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L Z71 crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Z71will » Jan 09 2017, 6:06pm

If you're having so much trouble I'll trade you my truck for it. And then I'll fix yours and be good to go.
Z71will
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 20
Year: 2000
Extra Info: Z71 4x4 5.3 Vortec
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jake2250 » Jan 09 2017, 6:26pm

Sounds like you need to document all of that and get a lawyer. If you feel you have exceeded the Lemon Law with that vehicle make them buy it back and get something else?
Or Got to another dealership and trade it in!
One dealer wants to treat you like your dumb,,pass it on,, trade it and don't say a word..
If its running and clean they will want to make a deal and move it along,,believe me,, they just want to move vehicles..
jake2250
First Responder
First Responder
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users
First Responders

Postby 05Canuck05Canuck is online! » Jan 09 2017, 6:33pm

As someone posted earlier....their are good service departments and there are bad ones..do your homework and find one with a trusted review and go talk to the service manager before your even taking your vehicle there. You'll be able to get a good read from that.
05Canuck05Canuck is online!
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 44
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Jan 09 2017, 6:46pm

Well thank you for joining to forum to rant. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71
Truck summary page 48
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 41
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby apcnc » Jan 09 2017, 8:05pm

opc6666 wrote:Here I thought I was the only one getting treated like crap! I bought a 2011 2500HD.
2nd truck dies 5 days later while driving on the highway , it gets towed dealer says bad battery . Um ok . Well 7 batteries 3 ground cables later it still gives me problems won't start but just come near the battery with jumper cables it starts . It has spent a total of 2 months combined at the dealer they say theirs nothing wrong with it ! Seriously I can shut it off n have it start unless I shut off the lights radio fans n immediately open the door so everything shuts down . I can only hit the door locks once if I do it twice won't start . But theirs nothing wrong with it . It's been jumped over 1,000 times nothing wrong with it ummm sure ok what does the service rep say when I bing it n tell them whats happening " let the mechanics handle it lil lady" . I drive it I get it serviced I think I know what's going wrong but I'm treated like I'm stupid . It's been 6 yrs still does it I'm going on battery #8 ground cable #4 but nothing is wrong! I can't even sell it cuz of lemon laws n I'd lose my shirt value wise . Tundra is looking pretty good n so is a nice chevy lawn ornament .

Was this all the same dealer or several? There are a lot of places out there that have no clue what they are doing in every industry. Try another or post a new detailed thread on here and see if something can be narrowed down.
apcnc
Topics: 8
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT CC 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby bootstrap » Jan 09 2017, 8:14pm

opc6666 wrote:Here I thought I was the only one getting treated like crap! I bought a 2011 2500HD.

Heres my first insult to you: Reading comprehension/grammar. You type sentences like a 13 year old texting.

Second insult: Your not a quick learner if you keep doing the same thing over and over again for 6 years expecting different results. Seek out another dealer. If what you say is true, your truck has some kind of parasitic drain somewhere. All vehicles can have issues, but the lack of a resolution to the issue doesn't make the truck a POS. But honestly, I don't think we are getting the whole story here. If you think that Tundra will do half of what the 2500HD does then stop whining and go trade it in. But be prepared for 1/2 the payload and mileage that's no better if not worse in a truck that's only quality over the 2500HD is that its faster.
There is always enough time to do it over again, but never enough time to do it right the first time.
bootstrap
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 32
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0 4x4 WT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby cintocrunch » Jan 09 2017, 8:37pm

bootstrap wrote:

Heres my first insult to you: Reading comprehension/grammar. You type sentences like a 13 year old texting.

Second insult: Your not a quick learner if you keep doing the same thing over and over again for 6 years expecting different results. Seek out another dealer. If what you say is true, your truck has some kind of parasitic drain somewhere. All vehicles can have issues, but the lack of a resolution to the issue doesn't make the truck a POS. But honestly, I don't think we are getting the whole story here. If you think that Tundra will do half of what the 2500HD does then stop whining and go trade it in. But be prepared for 1/2 the payload and mileage that's no better if not worse in a truck that's only quality over the 2500HD is that its faster.

So quick to insult OP's grammar followed immediately by the basic grammatical mistake of "your" and "you're". Nice job, insults are really driven home by hypocrites!
cintocrunch
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 1500 EC LS 4x4 4.8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Z71will » Jan 09 2017, 8:44pm

But seriously though if you keep Fixing the same problem with the same "solution" over and over again why are you still doing that??? Look elsewhere or take it to another shop. It would only take me once to figure out that it wasn't the problem. If you replaced something once then why are you replacing it again.... Use some logic.
Z71will
Topics: 20
Year: 2000
Extra Info: Z71 4x4 5.3 Vortec
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics