Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Aluminum Chevy/GMC pickup for 2018?

5K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  esox07 
#1 Ā·
#2 Ā·
Sweet! Bring on them MPG's! It'll be interesting to see what kind of aluminum they use and how they treat it to harden it for places like the bed of the truck.

#6 Ā·
silvyRS said:
This will allow automakers charge even more for their overpriced trucks!! I was going to trade in my 07 for a 14 but the prices have just gotten out of control!!
Haha....yep...

My 2012 Silverado All Star with 5.3 - - $37,565 List Price

My Dad's 2014 Silverado All Star with 5.3 - - $42,505 List Price

Granted his has way more technology in it standard than mine does.

#7 Ā·
What a horrible idea! Whatever happened to Detroit IRON?

#10 Ā·
That 700 lbs ford is saving brings the weight down to 350lbs less than the '14 Silverado LTZ

With current models, the Silverado is ~350lbs lighter

I dont see it as "revolutionary" myself. More $$$ for repairs in Ford's pocket, especially with the "official aluminum repair approved dealership" stuff

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 Ā·
silvyRS said:
This will allow automakers charge even more for their overpriced trucks!! I was going to trade in my 07 for a 14 but the prices have just gotten out of control!!
How much have truck prices gone up in the last half dozen or so years? It looks like they went up about 10% over the 2013 model year but I attribute some of that to the change to the next generation of body style. What did a similarly equipped 2007/2008/2009 cost compared to say the similar 2013 or even 2014?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.