Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Chevy's own 'spy' photo of Silverado pickup in camo

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  White03ecsb 
#1 ·
Here's a link to a USA Today article, showing the new Chevy truck. Frankly, it does not look that much different to me. I think that's a good thing. Some of the rounded body style concepts we've seen were downright ugly. This looks like a light restyling.

http://usat.ly/U2Wy7F

#4 ·
Some new engines with more power and better fuel economy would be welcome. And do away with the AFM/DOD! The rumored smaller diesel would get my vote for the 1500 series.

#5 ·
Thanks for the article. Looks like it is going to have a large square grill and the orange part of the headlights will be on top of the actual bulbs and not on the side anymore. The rear tailights look like the will stick out a bit like on the 03-06 models.Im interested to see if they continue to keep the same lint grabbing cloth interior.Hope the grill isnt similar to Ford!

#8 ·
6.2 for a 2500 gasser? still dont think it will help i have the 6.0 in my POS 2500HD and i dont think a 6.2 would make much difference. they should drop the 8.1 in the 2500HD

#9 ·
Your 6.0 in your "POS" has about 350 HP; the 6.2 has over 400 HP. Big difference, me boy!

#10 ·
johndeere9203 said:
6.2 for a 2500 gasser? still dont think it will help i have the 6.0 in my POS 2500HD and i dont think a 6.2 would make much difference. they should drop the 8.1 in the 2500HD
Thatll never happen again with the way gas prices are. Gm is trying to be more environmentally conscious, but if you need more than 350 hp....then you need a diesel

#11 ·
Unless we vote a certain buffoon out of office ;) . Gas was only $1.80 when he took office.... just sayin'

#12 ·
and yes i do need a durmax! if my truck was older than 4 months old i would trade it in but i cant yet.....so for now it will sit in my garage unless i need to pull or haul with it

#13 ·
I hate to hijack the thread, but why did you buy a 6.0 if you needed a Duramax?

#14 ·
i did not realize the 6.0 was this under powered........ plus the duramax was another 7k it would have been close to 60k for the truck i wanted

#15 ·
hate to say it been i seen a 2012 dodge ram today with a turbo cummins and a 6 speed! they want 45k. that is what i paid for my mine lol wish gm still made a standard

#17 ·
11 Silverado said:
Some new engines with more power and better fuel economy would be welcome. And do away with the AFM/DOD! The rumored smaller diesel would get my vote for the 1500 series.
Not sure what you have against the AFM, but it is here to stay :D

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/08/ne ... e-afm.html

starspangled6.0 said:
Unless we vote a certain buffoon out of office ;) . Gas was only $1.80 when he took office.... just sayin'
I don't recall gas ever being as high under Obama as it was when Dubbya was in office... Go look at a graph at fuel prices in North America of the past 15 years, it has absolutely nothing to do with whomever is in office.

#19 ·
Looks like the same truck with a bloated cab....took a page from the Tundra's book of 'magic'. I'm more concerned with the extended cab, I've heard rumors of getting rid of the suicide doors, hopefully they keep some old school in these new ones!

#20 ·
RedHorse 823 said:
Really? Under powered?
How does your tow? I pulled 7K GTW like nothing. My 5.3 towed it good, but still drug it down.
it tows bad! i have a 18' car trailer i loaded 3 quads up on it and going up the interstate about 65-70 mph the truck was really working and i mean 3-4k RPMS that was without tow mode. WITH tow mode it was holding around 5k rpms. if i came to a hill i would have to hold it to the floor just to keep it at 65 mph if i drove it normal it drops to 55-60. the trailer weighs 2600 empty maybe 1500 for the quads that is a light load for the truck working that hard........... and getting 9.8mpg?

#22 ·
johndeere9203 said:
RedHorse 823 said:
Really? Under powered?
How does your tow? I pulled 7K GTW like nothing. My 5.3 towed it good, but still drug it down.
it tows bad! i have a 18' car trailer i loaded 3 quads up on it and going up the interstate about 65-70 mph the truck was really working and i mean 3-4k RPMS that was without tow mode. WITH tow mode it was holding around 5k rpms. if i came to a hill i would have to hold it to the floor just to keep it at 65 mph if i drove it normal it drops to 55-60. the trailer weighs 2600 empty maybe 1500 for the quads that is a light load for the truck working that hard........... and getting 9.8mpg?
Dude you have something else going on. Just saying. I have a 2003 1500hd with the 6.0 and it has 209k miles on it. I haul a 16ft enclosed trailer loaded down with mowers and debris everyday all day. Last time I went to the scales I weighed right at 12k pounds. I can get on the interstate and run about 70 around 22-2300 Rpms. We also have a 28ft Avalon camper that the tag says it weighs 9800 pounds. I pull it everytime we go camping without an issue. Yes I still only get 9mpg but it doesn't work nearly as hard as you are describing.

#23 ·
+1 to what Wren said, it shouldn't be working that hard with that much weight. I've pulled my 8x18 car trailer (3,000lbs empty) with upwards of 4k ON the trailer & didn't hardly notice it back there. Yes, I do have a S/C on mine, but the M112 has a vacuum operated internal bypass so unless the engine is really being worked the rotors are pretty much just free spinning & not boosting at all. Even when pulling my trailer I can cruise down the highway at 75mph and not be working the engine to the point that it calls for boost & closes the bypass unless I kick it down to pass somebody. What gears do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.