Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

gmc or chevy?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  2013BlizzardZ71EC 
#1 ·
Are the 2014 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado pretty similar in price? I am going to be looking to buy a new half ton 4x4 in the next 6 months or so. I think both trucks look really nice and I was leaning towards a Silverado but I saw a GMC Sierra with some sweet looking rims. I think they might be 20 inch rims and they are kind of black and gray color? They might come stock in the SLT - I am not sure. I am either looking to buy a Silverado LT or a GMC Sierra SLE but if I went with the GMC I would put these rims on it. Anybody know what rims I am talking about? Also, anybody have any prices for what they have paid for a 2014 crew cab Silverado LT 4x4 or Sierra SLE?

#4 ·
As silly as it is, I kind of like the GMC's flared out wheel wells more than the Chevys however I've always been a Chevy guy and owned a Silverado for 13 years so I went with a Chevy again just so I could continue saying "Silverado" rather than "Sierra". And I always get to look at my bowtie staring back at me from my steering wheel.........I like bowties! :D

#6 ·
Get the brochures for both and check the features. One may offer some options that you may prefer. In the 13's I felt the GMC's brushed aluminum interior was nicer and I liked the color matched front bumpers better. I've also heard GMC's get slightly better gas mileage and have better resale. But that may not be true..

From what I've seen on the 14's Chevy vs GMC look so damn close (to me) appearance wise, it's a coin toss on which dealer will give you the best deal. My local dealer has 2 Black Widow Editions that are the baddest showroom trucks I've seen in a long time though.

#7 ·
I looked on GMCs website and when you are building and pricing them and select this type of wheel, it 'requires all-terrain package'. I'm assuming this is their Z71 package? Couldn't you just buy a 4x4 SLE crew cab without the all terrain package and put these wheels on it?

#10 ·
Don't buy the truck based on the wheels. Best to pick it by which body lines and interior you like best.

#11 ·
Good luck deciding on which to go with. Like you I have been a life long Chevy guy but so far the 2014 Sierras and those 20" wheels are pulling me to the GMC side. Either way, you will end up with a great truck. I can't wait to see what one you buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.