Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Searching for 3rd Door Handles

418 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  thespasiankid 
#1 Ā·
Hey all,

I have a 2007 silverado classic extended cab and the darn 3rd door handles keep snapping on me, especially when it gets cold outside and the plastic starts getting brittle. I'm pretty tired of replacing the handles continuously (once a year or so), and have been on the search for something made with a little more quality. Does anyone else know of 3rd door handles that are made of metal instead of plastic?

Shoot me some ideas! Thanks!

Alex

#2 Ā·
Usually this happens because the bottom hinges get tight and the door becomes harder to open. Clean up your hinges and lube them and see if it is easier to open the door. Also the bottom latches can get frozen making it harder to open the door as well.

Both these things are a recipe for disaster. My truck has new latches and I cleaned up the hinges so it opens up so smooth that you aren't even putting any pressure on those handles really. I think your problem is the doors not the handles. Mines an 05 so same body fwiw

#3 Ā·
Valid point. I had my 3rd door adjusted before so that it can be a tighter fit when it closes, but that's because I was getting wind noise. Perhaps I over adjusted them?

#6 Ā·
I'll be sure to check on that, thanks for the suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.