Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Silverado Row - more new special edition Silverado pic's

4K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  armallard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
About a year ago I posted a number of pictures of new special edition trucks on the lot at my local Chevy dealer. I got bored today so I dropped by there and took some pic's of the special edition trucks they currently have on the lot now. They usually have about 10-12 of these trucks lined up on the lot all the time, what I call "Silverado Row". It was a 100deg today and these trucks were sitting on black asphalt, so I didn't hang around there too long. BTW, I'm not connected with this dealer, so I'm not trying to sell trucks, just sharing some pic's of some nice looking brand new Silverado's!

First up is a shiny red Black Widow edition done by Southern Comfort coaches out of Trussville, Alabama, listing for $56k. Their website is MCMvehicles.com, if you want more info.

DSC02079.JPG

Next up is a beige Real Tree edition Z92 from American Luxury Coach, which is located not far from here in Florence, South Carolina. The dealer had four of these on the lot, but I didn't get pic's of one of them as it was parked further away. Couldn't tell the price on this one as the window decal had fallen down (probably from the 100 deg heat) so I couldn't read it. You can google them for more pics and info on what they do. Sorry for the blurry pic, camera goofed up.

DSC02080.JPG

Next up is a garnet colored Z92, I don't think this actually a special edition, no badges/decals or anything. It was probably lifted by the dealer, but that's just a guess. It was going for $58K.
DSC02081.JPG

Next is a black Z92 that was going for $57K. This one may not be a special edition truck either.

DSC02083.JPG

Next up are two Z92 Real Tree editions, again from American Luxury Coach. They are both listed at $63K.

DSC02084.JPG

Next is a black Z71 that is a Black Widow edition, again from Southern Comfort. This truck has a window decal that reads "SCA Performance", not sure what they add to it, maybe more horsepower? It's going for $63K, as well. Notice that the sides are flat black, and starting just above the fender flares it is gloss black. I think this truck is actually butt ugly. I do not like that hood scoop or the flat black paint, or the rims.

DSC02085.JPG

Next up is an off white Z-71 that is another Black Widow edition going for $64K. Ouch. I like this off white color though, I guess it's actually a pearl white?

DSC02087.JPG

Next is another off white Z71 that is a Altitude edition by Rocky Ridge trucks. This one is going for $63K.

DSC02088.JPG

Then there is a red Z71 that is another Altitude Edition from Rocky Ridge going for $61K.

DSC02089.JPG

And finally, we have a black Z71 that is also the Altitude edition from Rocky Ridge going for $61K. I like this one the best, maybe because it closely resembles my own Silverado lol!!! I hope you enjoyed the pic's.

DSC02090.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Most of these are High Country or LTZs 4x4's with all the options which would already run in the mid 50's so with three grand in wheels/tires and another grand or so in a lift, and performance exhaust and cold-air all from factory, and under warranty.. You probably wont 'save' any money buy purchasing one of these pre-done, but for those who have the cash it, or are mechanically challenged, it makes sense, kinda. Also everything about owning a 1500 is cheaper than a 2500, insurance, maintenance, gas (if you get a gas 2500 :lol: ) diesel. I wouldn't get one but at my dealership my salesman sells one of these trucks almost every week, people buy em'.

#19 ·
#20 ·
dav2no1 said:
Well then..you should see what F*rd is offering now! ....STUPID as hell.....the "black ops" F150 is a $22K upgrade LOL...and Tonka!

http://www.drivetuscany.com/black-ops/

http://www.drivetuscany.com/tonka/
Just down the street from the chevy dealer there's a f**d dealer that has a black F-250 superstroke on the lot. It has the Platinum package, but also has the Rocky Ridge Altitude edition with it. That truck is listing for $85K!!!! It's been sitting there for about 3-4 months now. Anyone surprised??

#21 ·
wildchevy said:
Evidently this dealer has found there is a market for over priced lifted mall crawlers or he wouldn't have a bunch of them sitting on his lot, or someone's head is going to roll when they have to give them away at the end of the year.
Not necessarily a niche, it's just the way it is here in the south. We like our 4x4 trucks jacked up with big tires.

Not too surprising, there's a shop just a 1/4 mile down the road that is more of a garage/4x4 shop/used car-truck lot. They specialize in working on 4x4 trucks, mostly installing lift kits. These are the guys that put my RC 3.5" lift kit on my truck two years ago. Their real specialty is the owner buys nice used 4x4's at auction and put's a 6" lift kit on them, with nice rims and bigger tires to match. They usually have some really sharp trucks on the lot all the time. if you want to see some of their work, go to goldenmotorsonline.com and look at their truck inventory. The owner has been doing this for about 7-8 years now and has done quite well at it.

#22 ·
The black widows, camo tree crap ones and those rocky ridge ones are all fugly. The plain ones would be more desirable to me.

#23 ·
It's cool to see custom trucks being sold right at a dealer... but I'd never buy one because the price they charge is outrageous. You can do all the custom work they do at way cheaper. Only benefit would be the warranty, of course.

I paid $60k for my fully loaded LTZ. Mind you, that's in Canada where vehicles are more expensive (tax), AND I had my lien put into the new truck from my 10 month old car... Also got extended warranty and tire warranty for free. ;)

So yah, I can just imagine what these trucks would have run me. Besides, they are all ugly except for the two without hood scopes or flares. Some of those flares are massive... they are way too big. The bushwackers look the best on these trucks, which is what the last one has I believe.

Just realized those are ALL LT models... there isn't a single LTZ or HC there! WTH! They are charging more for a truck that has a lot less features than mine, in the States where they are cheaper... that's insane.

#24 ·
Really don't know what they're goin for on those black widows with that hideous center section of the hood.

#25 ·
Everything that looks ridiculous is cool these days. Plastidip, baggy pants showing off your underwear, giant wheels with rubberband tires, those trucks...

#26 ·
SierraHarley said:
Everything that looks ridiculous is cool these days. Plastidip, baggy pants showing off your underwear, giant wheels with rubberband tires, those trucks...
Hahah so true. I never have and never will understand why people put huge 22" or 24" rims on their TRUCK and then put low-profile tires on... like damn, you hit a pebble and you're gunna blow your tire. Plastidip looks good if done very cautiously and only minor... but the people running around with blacked out emblems and grilles and trim everywhere makes the truck look like a cheap plastic toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.