Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Truck Care Products for Black Trucks or Any Trucks

6K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Regalguy80 
#1 ·
Alright fellas (and ladies?) what car care products do ya use and recommend? I am looking for something different besides the standard Armor All stuff. I was looking into Sanctiond care products but their website is all jacked up and no contact info? I have a black (black leather with grey top interior) Silverado and would love to find something that makes it shine like the beauty she is :D

Car Wash brand:
Wax:
Interior Detail er:
Tire Cleaner:
Leather Cleaner:
Chrome/Metal Cleaner:

What do ya use and what would ya recommend? :geek:

#2 ·
I also have a black silverado. Most people recommend Adam's or Zaino (google the names). I haven't tried Adam's yet, but I use Zaino and see no reason to switch. It turned my paint literally into a mirror. Look at some of the photo's on their website. No matter what you get, the cost is expensive at first (since you're buying everything at once), but what I've noticed is that these quality products last a LONG time. 1 waxing is good for 6+ months. So, do some research, check out some photo's, and get her all shined up and protected before winter!

#3 ·
A few quality brands to consider: Meguiars, Adams, Zaino, Garry Dean, Chemical Guys, AutoGeek(Pinnacle, Wolfgang), Menzerna...

I recommend going with all one brand. A lot of products are designed to be used in sequence with each other, or to take advantage of how one product will prep for another...and they all do it differently.

Currently, I am a Meguiars guy. I use the Ultimate line, and topped with the M26 carnuba wax. Very good stuff. I also use other Meguiars products for the rest of the truck.

Next year, I will trying a new brand, just to try...in no way am I disappointed with Meguiars. Just going off some recommendations from others who I have appreciated the work they do and how it looks.

#4 ·
I like a combination of Meguiars and Mothers car care products. Those brands are not overly expensive but still are great quality.

One item by Mothers that is a must have is Mothers Billet Metal Polish. It's amazing how good aluminum looks after using the polish with their high speed ball/cone attachment. Another item that isn't a must have but really makes the vehicle look great is Meguiars Quick Detailer. In between wax jobs, it gives the vehicle the just waxed look after every wash and goes a long way protecting your paint.

#5 ·
I use infinite use detail juice with juice boost by Garry Dean www.detailjuice.com
I also use his tire and trim gel it dries and is non sling no snot build up and it has uv in it. For the inside I use his interior cleaner good for plastic, leather vinyl not greasy.

I've used a lot of other products and spent a boat load of money. Garry Dean products are by far the best in my book. Easy to use great results. You can also search for him on youtube

When you decide to place an order tell him Russ from Florida sent you. You will be impressed I guarantee.

#8 ·
I should have mentioned which other brands I plan on using next year.

A package of package containing Wolfgang and Pinnacle products... And also Garry Dean's stuff at some point.

And of course make sure you wash it right before you do any detailing. I use Meguiars Gold Class, but will be trying Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. I used to use just a bucket and hose, rinsing the wash mitt often. But I just grabbed a foam cannon and am extremely pleased with how much easier it is to clean my truck. It took bit a of playing to get the perfect ratio, but now I just coat the truck in foam, let it sit and run off for 5-10 minutes, and it's pretty much cleaned. If you have a pressure washer, you'd want a foam lance instead of a cannon, and they make an even thicker foam.

#10 ·
Car Wash brand: Wolfgang Auto Bathe or Pinnacle XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner or Chemical Guy products ( I like to mix it up!)
Wax: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Interior Detail er: first Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner than Lexol Premium Protectant for Rubber & Vinyl
Tire Cleaner: degreaser than Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing
Leather Cleaner: Lexol
Chrome/Metal Clean Chemical Guys Metal Wax Ultra Fine Metal Polish & Protection and sonax

#11 ·
If you really want to protect your paints finish and make waxing a thing of the past, then check out "Opti Coat". There are a bunch of vids on it on YouTube.

I just added it to my new 2014. I do not have any experience on how it will last for the next 5 years or so, but I'm going by what others say.

It's supposed to be another micro layer of clear coat that is permanently added to the surface of your vehicle..

I'll let you know how it holds up in about three years or so :lol:

#16 ·
Yep...took me ALL DAY to do what you said. I figure do it once for the next however many years and hopefully this stuff does what it's supposed to. So far, water beads like you wouldn't believe. I wash my truck with Dawn dish wash soap and still beads like I just put wax on.

#19 ·
I have used many different products but over the years I can tell you carnauba wax doesn't last as long as the newer waxes and don't buy into the waxes they claim are used for black or white cars. Like the pros in the videos say, How does that wax know what color your car is? :lol:

P.S. If you ever decide to polish your truck make sure not to do it by hand unless you have a day to waste. Don't ask. :lol:

#20 ·
Ahhh...The "one-day" by hand polisher... I learned that lesson too..lol

A lot of newer waxes are actually sealants, like Meguiars Ultimate. It does have some carnauba, but it's more chemical than anything. Quality carnauba wax is just that, carnauba wax, and wax only.

Depending on proper application and environmental variables..Sealant can last from 4-12 months, wax is good for 6-8 weeks.

#21 ·
Well fellas after much research :lol: I went with Chemical Guys :ugeek:

Made a big order and went to work this weekend

Here is the list of what I all bought from Chemical Guys:
Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Complete Leather Care Kit
V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing
Signature Series Glass Cleaner
Diablo Gel Wheel & Rim Cleaner
InnerClean - Interior Quick Detailer & Protectant
Tire and Trim Gel for Plastic and Rubber
Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface Cleaning Soap
Honeydew Snow Foam Auto Wash Cleanser
Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba Creme Wax + X-Seal
Vintage Series Heavy Metal Polish

I used the Honey Due in my power washer (little simple electric one, works well enough for me) for me not using a real foam cannon it gave me a good amount of foam. The pics doesn't show it that good but it did spray a good layer. I will eventually buy me a good cannon because i want that real thick coat of foam.

and the result of a few (maybe 4-5 hrs) of WORK

also bought one of these to hold all my goodies
Griot's Garage Car Care Organizer Bag

I forgot to take a picture of the CLEAN inside and will later on today.

I love these products, so far the best stuff I have ever used, they clean the hell out of everything they touch and their shine ability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am a new fan and def a returning customer!!! :ugeek:

#24 ·
Good stuff, nice looking truck.

I was going to ask about the double soap purchase though. The Honeydew is much more "foamier" than the Mr. Pink. I use Honeydew with my AR Blue pressure washer with the AR foam lance. The coat of foam is thick enough to last 5 minutes before it starts to show paint again. I just got it, but plan on using it once every 3 months next year, for the big wash and detail work. If it was easier to hook up and use, I would do the full foam every time. But my hose hook up is on the other side of my house, and stretching it all out is a pain in the ass for just a quick wash.

For regular washes, I use the Meguiars Gold Class and a Foam Canon from Gilbert. There is a difference between a foam canon and a lance. The canon can be hooked direct to a garden hose, and make more foam than what came with an AR kit, but less than if you used a pressure washer. It's tricky to get the ratio of soap to water correct...too much and you can strip off the sealant/wax, too little and you don't get the desired result. But when it's right, it makes washing a nearly bucket-less task now...

For your area, you may be better using a pressure washer and lance to really get the dirt out...plus with either you want a high pressure rinse to get the foam out of every little crack it will find it's way into...just be careful not to have to tight a point or you could do irreparable damage to the paint.

Other tips...less is more. More soap doesn't mean a better clean. And I use hot water in the mixer bottle, usually about 4/5ths hot water and the rest soap, and I get a great foam with either method.

#25 ·
I think mine is a lance but has the foam thickness of a cannon lol

bought a cheap one from walmart, I like it. Does what I want ti to do but I really do want a thick foam lance, like their videos show.

I blasted it with the foam twice then used the Mr Pink in a bucket, did the lower half (the dirtiest and muddiest) first then rinsed then hit u the top half with new water and soap.

Next time I am going to use hot water in the little canister with the soap

#26 ·
Ok, you have a similar model to my AR Blue. That little bottle it came with is not a lance and will not produce a foam, but instead simply sprays a mix of water and something else. It could be used for wide area cleaning or sanitizing, but not for making a dense foam.

The lance works differently by allowing more air to be mixed, and with the higher pressure it makes more suds....suds are created by the mix of water and soap, and then by agitation.

I'll see if I can post a video of a full foam wash this weekend...weather doesn't look to promising, but I'll see if my wife will let me break out the truck toys again..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.