Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

What to look for in a 94-96 Silverado?

767 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  yamaha07 
#1 Ā·
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm in the process of selling my 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Shes lifted and has been a complete joy, but she's a bit of a lemon and i need a reliable vehicle to get me back and forth to college.

I'm looking at a mid to late 90's Silverado. I'd prefer it to have the z71 package. Are there any major issues i should look out for?

I did absolutely zero research prior to purchasing my Jeep, and it bit me in the but. So, I'm trying to go into this purchase prepared.

Also, what kind of highway mileage do you guys get with these trucks?

Appreciate it!

#2 Ā·
I got a 95' Sierra, ext cab, short box, z71

Make sure you just check all the seals underneath, take a look under the engine and tranny to see if any of the parts have oil leaking all over them, make sure you look at the rear axle pig, they tend to loosen themselves and start leaking on this body style, usually they just need to be tightend. There really are no major problems you need to look for on this body style, at least not that im aware of, just be wearry of high miles or trucks that look like they have been off-road a lot because that usually means they have been beat on regardless of what the owner says.

I get about 15mpg in town and about 18mpg on the highway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.