Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Will the new 2500 have the 6.2 Ecotec?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CKNSLS 
#1 Ā·
So as I sit today I am thinking that I will buy a 2014 1500 Silverado with the Ecotec 6.2 liter engine (420 HP/460 torque), primarily for its unique combination of heavy towing and decent fuel mileage capabilities. I would prefer to get a 2500 (heavier duty everything) in a lower trim level with this engine... but so far the Chevy site says the 2500 is only available with the old 6.2 liter which has a worse drinking problem than I do and has much less power than the Ecotec version.

Does anyone know if Chevy will make the new 6.2 Ecotec motor available in the 2500 truck?

Thanks!

Gregness

#2 Ā·
Gregness, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

IIRC the engine choices for the new 2500 for 2015 will be a gas 6.0, CNG 6.0, and the Duramax.

#3 Ā·
What are the benefits of the CNG version?? I heard they get AWEFUL gas mileage. Is natural gas that much cheaper?

#7 Ā·
draggo144 said:
What are the benefits of the CNG version?? I heard they get AWEFUL gas mileage. Is natural gas that much cheaper?
Some states CNG can be as low as $1.20, In Colorado for some reason its $2.59 or higher. But go into Utah or Wyoming and the price drops by almost a dollar or more. But no I don't think the CNG option is worth it, unless there are some really good tax breaks for doing so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.