jQuery not supported.

Your Safety Check and Daily Inspection

Inspired by Izn197
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: Your Safety Check and Daily Inspection

Postby Yoitsdjohn » Feb 14 2015, 2:56pm

Well since my truck recently got broke into the main thing i check for first thing in the morning is broken glass/damage, along with a walk around to see if there has been any attempts to get in. Once a week i'll go over the whole truck along with peaking around in the engine bay looking for leaks, drips ect
2013 1500 LT 5.3 w/towing package
4" Rancho w/RS9000 shocks
20x10 -24 Fuel Coupler
33x12.50x20 Atturo Trail Blade MT
12k 55w HID low beam, 6k 35w fogs
Airraid MIT intake
Husky Rear wheel liners
Tinted
Yoitsdjohn
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 5.3 Z71 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby fishaun » Jan 10 2016, 12:11am

GMC, F**d, D***e etc. they all have there pros and cons, it's when you do have a problem and bring it into the shop is where your $ counts.
Always been a GMC guy, have a Sierra,wife has a Equinox. I know it's a chev, but same difference. Anyways we had braking and steering issues on our Equinox. Only 45000 km and the brakes are grinding but worse the steering is locking up. So bring it into Stricklands GMC and they inform me the front rotors are rusty and nothing wrong with steering. So replace the rotors. Well a week later callipers come off on highway. Not covered because brakes not under warranty. Awesome after 45000 km. So next week bring back in because of locking steering again. Stricklands again says nothing is wrong, bring the equinox home and wife calls me next day because she almost crashed because wheel locked up going onto off ramp. Stricklands would not accept the vehicle because quoted from their manager " What is it that you would like to go over with you? My recommendation after this morning would be to have the Equinox taken to another GM store. It seems as though we are not good enough to fix things properly in this case so it would likely be best to have someone else diagnose and repair it. " so we had to go to another town and another place Gord Andersons took it in. Well they found the problem right away. It needed a whole new steering column. Gratefully the steering problem is now fixed. Im torn buying another GM product after this horrible customer experience that almost cost my wife her life.
2012 GMC KODIAK Z71,RC LEVEL,33" DURATRACKS,KMC KRANKS,K+N,DIABLEW TUNE,GMPP EXHAUST,HARVEST MOON CAMO,ADVENT GPS,10" SUB,6000K HID HIGH/LOW/FOGS
fishaun
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby vrchevy3 » Mar 10 2016, 1:34am

I am still in the "new to me" truck phase, so I find myself going to the door just to look at my truck in the driveway. So sad, I know...

As far as inspections go, I glance at the tires to make sure they are not flat. That is about as far as it gets.
vrchevy3
Topics: 44
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3l V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby OilFracker » Mar 10 2016, 2:14am

I have a habit of cleaning off my backup camera lens frequently. Heck....I even reflex clean other owners lenses in parking lots without even thinking about it. It drives me crazy when the camera isn't as clear as possible.
14' 1500 Sierra SLE 5.3L Z71
OilFracker
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2014
Extra Info: 1500 SLE 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thrivemobile » Apr 17 2016, 4:49am

vrchevy3 wrote:I am still in the "new to me" truck phase, so I find myself going to the door just to look at my truck in the driveway. So sad, I know...

As far as inspections go, I glance at the tires to make sure they are not flat. That is about as far as it gets.

I'm in that phase too... I keep my front blinds open so I can see mine every time I walk by... lol. Had it since mid-February.

Daily inspection:
initial walk around- Like another poster mentioned, I put my gear in on the passenger side so I force myself to walk around anyway.
Check tires and look for any new scratches, dents, debris in bed, or fluid underneath.
On DIC - check tire pressure, oil life
Check lights/wipers (I park backed up to a wall at home and can usually see headlights off other cars parked around)
Last but definitely not least, check the dash and rearview cams (Because...Florida...)
thrivemobile
Topics: 2
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevysilvy2011 » Apr 24 2016, 12:52pm

vrchevy3 wrote:I am still in the "new to me" truck phase, so I find myself going to the door just to look at my truck in the driveway. So sad, I know...

Glad to hear other owners do this. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I bought a 2011 RCWT last July. I park it in the garage and go out there a couple times a day and just stare at it.
chevysilvy2011
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 4.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users
Registered users
Registered users

Postby Copperhead » Apr 24 2016, 4:21pm

I keep mine inside a garage. Heated one at that. I always just do a simple walk around and do a quick look before starting up for the day, also looking for any underbody evidence of a leak. I went out to look at mine in the garage early on, mostly to figure out what I wanted to change about it, but I got over that quickly. On start up, I do a practice I have taken to with my commercial trucks. I turn on the key and let the ECM cycle thru the start up, I watch it cycle thru the lights on the dash, etc, basically letting it get "woke up" and then go ahead and start. That also allow the fuel pump to make sure that proper pressure in the line before starting up. Critical for some of my other stuff, just makes sense to me to also do it with the pickup.

Nice thing about a garage, one can check easily from the cab if all exterior lights are working properly. Turn signals, brake lights, etc.
Freedom is not having the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.
Copperhead
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 37
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 2500HD LT Z71 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Jasen » Apr 24 2016, 5:33pm

Generally I glance at the tires as I come and go to check their not low or flat. I check the lights at night off the reflections of the vehicles fore and aft when I'm stopped at the light, turn the radio off once and a while to listen to the truck and it get's a decent looking over on wash day.
Professional Grade
Yes, I am a little different
Fisger8new:And some people are like a slinky. Not really good for much but make you smile to watch tumble down the stairs.
L33, Injen CAI, Powermaster 225 amp Alt., Optima RedTop, Hellwig overloads, Bilstein 5100's, MOOG poly sway bar links.
Jasen
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Topics: 40
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Z71 4x L33 Dcab
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Previous