Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Raddy12's 2011 Sierra Build

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  10blacksil 
#1 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone, after selling my 05 silverado, i picked up a 2011 sierra. I have had it about two weeks and I have begun the modification process. I am not trying to go too crazy, more of a classy sleek look that doesnt totally change the truck or kill my wallet but also makes the truck much more badass. Here's "Gary" the day I picked him up...
photo_1.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#6 Ā·
thanks, ya its dark gray, not sure the paint code but im going to get some touch up paint for a few minor scratches soon. I havent had the du-ha but the husky is a little cheaper and is very solid quality...the one downside is the spacers they give you to have seperate compartments are a flimsy foam material. I have done a few more mods lately and will post pics soon, been a crazy week at work so havent had time yet.

#8 Ā·
I used to work for Borla so I instead of flowmaster like I have had on all my other trucks, i went with this Borla XR-1 #40944 Muffler. To keep things clean, but also to not get hassled when its time to do a smog check I had the exhaust turned down right after the axle. Very pleased with the nice rumble, but not overbearing noise.

Attachments

#9 Ā·
I've had my T-Rex Billet Grille for a couple weeks, but last weekend finally got around to cutting out the original Grille - I first did the overlay and you could see way too much of the original grille. I also Plasti-Dipped the Surround

Attachments

#10 Ā·
I De-Badged the whole truck, with the T-Rex Grille this meant I would have no emblems anywhere. I wanted to keep atleast one so that the non-GM people would now its a Sierra and not a Silverado. So I decided to go with the look of the 2014's and bought a 2014 tail gate emblem, blacked out the red portion and slapped her on under the tail gate handle.

Attachments

#15 Ā·
After much debate Ive decided on 20x9 Fuel Hostage wheels and 275/60/r20 Big O All Terrains, My uncle owns a Big O nearby so I get the best deal on the house brand. Getting em installed this weekend-pictures to follow. :D

#16 Ā·
Hey Raddy12, you still around? I was searching the forum for info on Borla XR-1 #40944 Mufflers. I have a 2010 Silverado 5.3 and I am considering that muffler or Magnaflow 11229. I want a nice deep tone that is def louder than stock but not too loud. I plan on just replacing the muffler and not doing a full catback. Any sound clips of your truck? Any suggestions? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.