jQuery not supported.

Rambodog's 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3 Build

Never Satisfied
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Rambodog's 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3 Build

Postby Jasen » Dec 31 2016, 6:43am

They look good.
I haven't got to use my Hella yellow halogens in the fog yet, but I sure liked them Thanksgiving making the 40 mile drive home on the dark rural stretch of freeway in a nasty rain.
Professional Grade
Yes, I am a little different
I'll be finished when I'm done
L33, Injen CAI, Powermaster 225 amp Alt., Optima RedTop, Hellwig overloads, Bilstein 5100's, MOOG poly sway bar links.
Jasen
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 35
Year: 2006
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71 4x L33 Dcab
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Rambodog [OP] » Dec 31 2016, 6:53am

Thanks. I used them tonight in a pretty good snow squall and they actually helped cut down the Star Wars effect. I ran DRL and fogs and it was great.
Rockford-Infinity-Kenwood-Sundown-2.5 Leveled-Diff Drop-285/65/18 Toyo OC XT-18x9 MO970 +18-Elite Catch Can-Airaid jr-3rd Cat Gut-Dmax Ultra Flo Cat Back-Fumoto-Morimoto HID 5500k-Tint Match-Bedrug-Leer Cap-Winjet Projector-Diablew 91 Tune
Original Poster
Rambodog
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 30
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3 4X4 FP7
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby abes_sy » Jan 01 2017, 9:43am

I saw that you installed a diff drop. Do you have any pick on how you did it. I got one with my 2" leveling kit but there was no instructions. There is a stud in one of the spots you have to use the ne bolt but couldn't figure out how to take it off. Any recommendations or wasI looking at the wrong spots to put the spacers. Great looking truck! Love the HID's.
abes_sy
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Year: 2015
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: Iridium Metallic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Rambodog [OP] » Jan 11 2017, 6:45pm

Thanks....and sorry I missed your post. I don't have any pics unfortunately. What 2" kit that came with a diff drop do you have? Even with a 2.5" I really didn't need to do it. My CV angles were okay, but I did it cause I could and of course flatter CV angles is a good thing. To each their own , right? If you remove the plastic protector/skid plate, you will see 4 bolts holding the Diff bracket. The spacers go above the diff bracket at the 4 bolt locations. The diff needed fins shaved on driver side a bit to allow clearance for housing to drop enough to get the spacers in. There are 2 fins and I found it easier to use a Sawzall to cut both at same time from the rear. I didn't use a file cause I got pretty tight to housing, but might not have had to. You don't want to cut into diff housing so look at all angles of your cut a few times as you cut to be sure blade direction is okay. I did it on a lift and had to pry a tad against the starter a bit to fit the passenger side rear I believe. Could have been front, either way one will go easy and one will fight a bit. The Skid plate is closer to diff upon installing now. I stacked some washers to space it a bit from diff.
Rockford-Infinity-Kenwood-Sundown-2.5 Leveled-Diff Drop-285/65/18 Toyo OC XT-18x9 MO970 +18-Elite Catch Can-Airaid jr-3rd Cat Gut-Dmax Ultra Flo Cat Back-Fumoto-Morimoto HID 5500k-Tint Match-Bedrug-Leer Cap-Winjet Projector-Diablew 91 Tune
Original Poster
Rambodog
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Jan 11 2017, 6:58pm

abes_sy wrote:I saw that you installed a diff drop. Do you have any pick on how you did it. I got one with my 2" leveling kit but there was no instructions. There is a stud in one of the spots you have to use the ne bolt but couldn't figure out how to take it off. Any recommendations or wasI looking at the wrong spots to put the spacers. Great looking truck! Love the HID's.

Here are a few pics from when I did mine. I only have a pic of one of the mounting points. But all four look the same. And if you have a 2in under strut spacer your CV will hit. 14-16 1500 differential drop
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71 with similar mods as current truck
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 36
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Rambodog [OP] » Jan 11 2017, 7:06pm

I don't get why the under strut spacer hits, but if in conjunction with the top strut spacer it clears. By the skin of it's teeth, but it clears.
Original Poster
Rambodog
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby abes_sy » Jan 14 2017, 4:59am

Thanks Rambodog and ferraiolo1 for your help. I will have to crawl back under there one of these days when I am feeling up to it and give it another go.

Here is a link to the kit that I bought.

http://supremesuspensions.com/product/2 ... tial-drop/

I paid like $75 bucks for it during a black friday sale. I installed the upper billet spacer but never did the diff spacer i only ordered the 2" so it didnt come with the lower shock spacer.
abes_sy
Topics: 4
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: Iridium Metallic
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous