Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Turbodriven04's 03 Silverado build

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  brj833 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, had the truck for a year now and finally started my build. First it was gonna get lifted and this and that. Plans changed.

Before.
20140730_113106[1].jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like someone gave him a nice UNwanted pinstripe

#5 ·
So I decided on lowering it and essentially making an SS clone but with the option of 2wd. This go around with a build I promised myself I would take care of cosmetics first before adding power and suspension. Here is the progress.

The truck had the ususally rust on the bed fender wells that needed addressed and minor bumps and bruises. For the "paint" I chose Monstaliner bed liner. It is advertised and sold as a DIY roll on bed liner. I sprayed it however. :D

Attachments

#6 ·
The truck was lowered using stock 2500 torsion keys up front and removing blocks in rear along with 2" drop shackles. Working on smoothing tail gate right now with the handle relocated to the inside and adding a roll pan.

Attachments

#7 ·
I upgraded the whole interior with green leds. Added white face gauge overlays. Did away with the kilometers, added trans temp gauge and Denali bezel. Also traded out the center jump seat for the Bose console(don't have any good pictures yet). Hopefully next mod is to get wheels painted flat black and tint tail lights.

Attachments

#14 ·
mitchell0715 - the 99-02 clusters are different from the 03-07 classic. For yours I'd recommend whitefacegauges.com. I use a lot of their products and I'm a vendor. Like them alike. Your back light bulbs are also replaceable and don't need to be soldered in. LEDs should run you about $20 and the white face overlays are about $20 as well. They also have different colors.

silverado9306 - minus the addition of the trans temp gauge I usually charge $100 for the face color change and adding the LEDs in. I also address all the soldering issues as well while I'm in there.

#15 ·
Didn't get interior cleaned up but snapped a couple pics anyways. Working gets in the way of modding lol :D .

Other news, transmission went out so I replaced it with a built 4l60e, with 2600 stall converter. Just ordered up a BB tune to correct it all. Hope it lives up to all the good reviews Justin has received on here.

Attachments

#16 ·
BlackBear tune is now on the truck. She is a completely different animal now. Worth every penny. This is the way God intended a stock Chevy truck to run.

#17 ·
Managed to get the wheels plastidipped this weekend. I really liked the way they turned out. I wanted to do that before I spent the money to have them powder coated. May wind up just leaving them dipped. Left the valve stem and lug nuts chrome for just the right accent. Whatcha think?

Attachments

#18 ·
Next up is tint and cleaning the interior out. Have been throwing the idea of a B&M ratchet shifter installed into the console. Haven't made up my mind yet. The last cosmetic mod for now will be to paint the inside of the headlights black, leaving only the lamp buckets crome. Then it will be off to suspension mods.

#19 ·
Good looking truck man. Keep it up.

#21 ·
For performance she will get a Procharger P1SC. Finally found a set of virgin 243 heads at a steal of a deal. I will have them ported as well as the intake and headers gasket matched. Going with a Vinci "Trucker" cam and LS6 springs. E-fans and Full exhaust w/ x-pipe, 2 DynoMaxx Bullets dumped behind rear axle.

Before all that gets done though, I am strengthing up the suspension with ladder bars and rear sway bar. Rear axle will be upgraded with a TruTrac and maybe some better axles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.