Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Right turn-signal flashing very quickly.. how to fix?

62K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Rileysowner 
#1 ·
I noticed tonight while driving through town that my right turn-signal is ticking/flashing twice as fast as it should be. My left turn-signal is at normal speed. I heard that this is caused by a short circuit? I'm not totally sure and am very uneducated when it comes to wiring. How can I go about fixing this?

#6 ·
I just changed the front ones, so they should be good to go for a while. But it's not just the light flashing quickly, on the inside of the truck in the dash where you see the green arrows flash, they're flashing at twice the speed they should be as well. Would that mean that it's just the bulb or does that mean it's something else?

#8 ·
And yes, the inside display will flash at double speed too. It's probably a bulb.

#11 ·
sparkjumper said:
Did you install LED bulbs?
Nope. A couple weeks ago I put red bulbs in my front turn signal/DRLs, but as far as I know the rear turn signal bulbs haven't been replaced yet. I have had to replace the brake lights though. After 8 years and 104k miles they probably do need to be replaced. I'll have to run by Advance here soon and get a new set. Thanks guys

#14 ·
Being a part of this forum group has paid off already, my left turn signal started flashing really fast too so I checked the bulbs. The drivers side was out. Changed the bulb works fine now. I did notice though that the back up bulb I replaced on the passenger side is not the same bulb on the drivers side. Anyone know the reason on that ? Thanks guys.

#19 ·
It will require the addition of a resistor. It's an easy fix, but I don't have the details...one of our experts will chime in here soon.
Not to worry, though, you won't hurt anything in the meantime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.