Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Turn/Flasher Module Problem

56K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  VASierraZ71 
#1 ·
I had an issue late last year where my left turn signal would either not work, stick on or cause the 4 ways to come on. This was during the winter time and once it got warm the issue went away. I thought that was kinda odd, but being in a tight on money I figured there was not reason to fix what at the time was not broke. Anyways, it is cold again that the problem has resurfaced. However now the left turn signal is just not working. Right works completely fine, and the 4 ways, which are 2 ways right now, work as they should. After some digging, most routes pointed to the turn/flasher module, GM part # 15764135. I know that there is already another thread similar to this, but I know that this is the part that need changed. However in my searching I found that most places are recommending to not use the GM part # 15764135, which is a 2/4 way with trailering, but to use GM part # 10383321, which is a 3/6 way with trailering. I will be pulling a camper before to long, so is it a good idea to go ahead with the 3/6 way, or will the 2/4 way be Ok? As always, thank you in advanced!

#3 ·
Well, stupid me, I guess I totally missed the blown fuse... So replaced that and we are signaling again! Interesting that it was that side that I was messing with to see if the master controller on the door, to see if there was power there for a turn signal for a mirror.

#5 ·
So I was having the left turn signal issue that was intermittent and would activate the "hazard" lights (all 4 signals flashing; 6 if you count the side mirrors). So I researched here, and found what I thought to be a pretty solid fix for the issue. Found a video on youtube where the directional relay was replaced on a vehicle with the same symptoms, and it immediately solved the problem.
Video here:

Well, i purchased the new part number recommended in the video (10383321) AC Delco part. Replaced it this morning and what do you know it solved my issue.

For about 5 hours.

And now the left turn signal won't even turn on when switched. hazard switch doesn't activate it either. I checked all of the fuses on the side panel (driver door side) and they are good. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.

#7 ·
Update:
The LH signal has worked flawlessly since Sunday morning (2 full days now). Saturday afternoon was the only time it cut off completely. Not knowing anything about electronics in cars/trucks, does the computer just need 24 hrs or so to figure out there's a new part - recognizing it and having it work appropriately?

Or did I just get lucky, or should I expect the LH signal to shut off completely again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.