Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How can I put new speakers in myself

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ggoodwin 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I recently bought some Pioneer - 6-1/2" 3-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) for my 2002 Silverado 1500 z71 and i got he door off and the old speakers off but i cant put the new speakers in without drilling holes. Is there any way to take out the stock holster and put it in the new speakers or should i just take it to like Best Buy where i bought the speakers from?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+6 ... Id=9197086

#2 ·
why dont you just drill new holes? on another note, you sure those are going to fit? usually 3 way speakers stick out too far for the stock speaker grille

#4 ·
Directv, I installed 6.5" Infinity speakers in my doors because the right side factory speaker blew. I got my stuff from Crutchfield and they supplied everything I needed including speaker adaptor plates. I'm suprised that your speakers didn't come with them.

#6 ·
Best Buy sells the mounting plates and stuff too. Ask to talk to an installer...not the sales guy in mobile audio.

#7 ·
actually the holes the stock speakers came out of are 6 3/4 speakers but everyone uses the 6 1/2.......i had the same problem the 6 1/2 were lose in and i didnt want to drill into my truck so i went out and bought the brackets......the nice thing about the brackets are that once the speker is screwed into the bracket it just pops into the hole just like the stock ones.....Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.