Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Removing the front seats and trim panels-2011 Sierra

15K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  krausee 
#1 ·
Okay, My little 2011 Sierra is a simple Work/Truck version with no options. I ordered carpet from "stock auto interiors" and I bought Infinity 6.39i speakers plus 4x6 Infinities for the rear post. Also I wanted to take out the center jumpseat/seatbelt assembly to have a two-seater pickup truck.

It's all done now. It's very open and roomy now. You can do the same thing on a crew cab and you will have "walk to the back" ability but you'll sacrifice a front center seat or the console... your choice.

Some simple hints.

1. Seat bolts are an external star tork design but a 11M socket (rear bolts) and a small sparkplug size socket for the front bolts (both 6 sided) worked wonders. I had the seats out and center seat removed in 30 minutes. OH.. you'll need to get a TORK driver set to take the seatbelts off of the seat and to remove the mounting on the sidewalls. I got a TORK set at Harbor Freight for 9.99 so don't pay too much.

2. The carpet was "factory molded" to fit but it did need to be trimmed after placed into position. I went with "mass backing" and I'm very happy that I spent the extra for it. The carpet is fantastic, much better than GM stock.

3. OH.. door threashold, side panels, and rear window ledge trim panels snap off easily. Just be gentle and pull slowly. There's one small screw at the top of the side panels (one each). Speakers were installed with silicone and 4 self tapping screws.. I just hooked up to factory wires after stripping 1/2 inch bare wire. Easy.

4. I took someone's advice, not sure if I had to.. I did disconnect the battery before I reconnected the seat airbag wiring. I did it this way, not sure if you have to.. BUT, I did not blow up a seat.

Pictures to follow.. I can tell you that this is one smart little truck now, the carpet, center seat out, and the sounds are wonderful. I did this all in one afternoon outside my condo building.

Let me know if you have questions.

:mrgreen:

See less See more
#5 ·
Ok.. here's my photo. The carpet is from Stock Interior's, mass-backed ultraplush. FYI, if you get the factory carpet it'll come with cutout holes in the space between the seats, not at all what I wanted.

Attachments

#8 ·
Yeah.. greAT question. the transmission hump is not smooth and level.. there's some sort of electrical device mounted forward too.

I added layers of carpet padding and built it up into a smooth rounded/nearly flat top.

I took out the brace that connects the lower dash to gas pedal area... I'm sure it's a safety related item but what the heck.

Very happy with my two seater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.