Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Cap/ bed size

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  VisualFX 
#1 ·
Question:

I am unable to find a topic on this question. Does anyone know what years the bed was the same size? I am looking at a few used caps to put on my 2012 (6.5'), but want to make sure they fit (much cheeper than new (and I can blast it myself).

Thanks!

#2 ·
GM has used a 6.5 Truck bed from 1999 / 2007 and 2007 / 2012 but I'm not sure the cap would fit perfectly from the older trucks on the NNBS of todayn >>> But all the NNBS would fit>

#5 ·
kbawi said:
Thanks! I am looking at one from a 2002 and one from a 2001 with good pricing. May still keep looking for a later year.

Thanks again!
Won't fit, you need one from a 2007+ body style like yours.

Also note, 1500 crew cabs and extended cabs have different length boxes. Also, you may have to get rid of the tail gate protector. Some caps do not make them to fit the oem 1500 tail gate protectors.

#7 ·
I had this issue a week ago. I called 2 GM Dealers (Were not helpful in the least bit), NAPA (No luck here either) and exhausted my searches on Google. I was not able to find anything that listed out sizes and compatibilities. So I had to resort to measuring the caps with a tape measure. I lucked out and the first one fit. All I can tell you is this cap was on a 2005 2500 Crew Cab, and I put it on my 2004 1500 Extended Cab. I do, unfortunately, have to remove the whale tail and put a different style tailgate cover on though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.