Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

fixing a dent

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  themutt101 
#1 ·
I was pulling a RV 5th wheel with a short bed and backed up and turned and crushed the driver side back corner near back window ,breaking back window , My question is do you pull out as much of the dent as possible then bondo? and if so I've seen them drill holes and pull out dents ,I assume a special tool for pulling out the dent and how do you fill the holes after you get the dent where you want it?
Cary

#2 ·
might be easier to have it done by a body shop or a buddy who does body repair, its a lot of work to fix it your self if you havent done this stuff before, i use to do body work long time ago but i would have it done.

#4 ·
normally in order to pull out the dents if they can be pulled out we use a special heat/rivet gun that basically welds small medal studs to the body then we use a bar that slides over the studs and grabs them then we just grab the slide handle on the bar and pull out the dent a little at a time. Your better off taking it to a shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.