Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Level kit vs. 3.5 inch rough country lift

18K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  tanner361 
#1 ·
im about to order a 3.5" rough country lift but i already have a level kit how much of a differnece will this kit make to my suspension and overall size of my truck, also what tire size is recomended and should i also order wheel spacers?

See less See more
#2 ·
You have 18s yes? I see a lot of guys runt he 285/70/18
With stock wheels spacers are recommended. I had stock 20s with mine and I rubbed the sway bar...

There is several here with 18s as well

Well technically the lift is only like an inch and a half excluding the level part of it.
Here's the 3.5" on 305/55/20s next to stock

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply i think if it only lifts it about an inch if i already have the level i might as well save money by getting the 1.25 rough country body lift so i can fit bigger tires. If i decide to go this way with the truck i know the body lift would only be about 150 dollars but do you have an idea what a shop like 4 wheel parts would charge for the installation of the body lift. and yes i have 18's so i am hoping to put on 185's or maybe something a tiny bit bigger

#5 ·
so it would cost around the same for installation of a 1.25 body lift or less? and do you know what tires those are i have been thinking of the 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grappler AT because they are not too expensive. would these tires give me a good look or should i look for something with more tread

#9 ·
Has anyone ever tried using the 3.5" lift with Rough Country 2" leveling spacers? I currently have the leveling kit and am thinking about lifting my truck 3-5" I just can't make up my mind on what I want to do....2 kids and my wife(she's not tall at all and says the 7.5" lift is out of the question lol... I don't argue because I didn't want to have to spend the extra money to regear anyway.

#11 ·
Terra grapplers are great...they don't last as long as a regular tire...but they are aggressive looking affordable and don't make a lot of road noise had them on my jeep and loved me bro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.