Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii RECON

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RedLeg321 
#1 ·
If anyone knows the rules on how low or hight you can drop or lift a truck please let me know. I have been in contact with the DMV and they don't seem to know how to get ahold of the RECON people. I finally got ahlod or the RECON people and they don't understand what I am asking...? Really, then how do you know if it is legal or not? I don't mind there being laws that I may not aggree with. BUT I do want the people enforcing them to know them. Thanks for any help!

#4 ·
Where we are, the local branch of the State Patrol has the info on this. I'm in Colorado and the law states that the hight of the vehicle must not exceed 54" to the center of the headlights. Don't know if it will work for you, but here if you dial *CSP on your cell you get the Colorado State Patrol. They may tell you what your looking for.

#5 ·
well depending on which base your at which Ewa that points to Schofield. Lived in Hawaii for almost 6 years. Usually you can link up with your guys at the hobby shop if the guys at Schofield give you trouble or have no idea what your talking about head down to Kbay. The guys at the Marine Corps Hobby shop WILL know what you need and all the laws ect. I will try to contact my buddy that is still there to get info so I can help you out a little better.

#6 ·
Alright man lemme tell it to ya like this, if you're on Oahu you want to bring your vehicle to Capitol Auto Service in Waipahu. Their number is (808) 676-1888, ask for Phil. Phil is an aussie and one of the most generous dudes on this island, his knowledge is also second to none. Dude knows his shit and will help with anything, also loves military. Which is a damn rarity here....Only 6 weeks left, 6 weeks left....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.