Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

93 silverado clutch problems

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kentucky_dan 
#1 ·
Hi new to the forum and chevy trucks, ive got a 93 silverado with the manual transmission that i recently picked up about a month ago. The truck has nearly 715,000 k 444,300 m on it.
So far its been a great truck, engine runs great! but just today when my wife and I went to the post office i noticed that it was really difficult to get it into gear, drove it around a little with no issue but when i stopped to reverse into my driveway it was hard to get into gear untill it finally dropped in with a loud clunk! once i parked it it left it sit for an hour or 2, then went back out to check on it... the clutch now makes a loud rattling noise when it is depressed and its even harder to get into gear.
wondering if it is just a clutch plate that will need replacing, or will it be a whole clutch assembly and or a rebuilt transmission. also what will be an average cost for these options?
thanks so much, any help appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.