Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Neutral Safety Switch

23K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  robertsj8101 
#1 ·
I have a post in the electrical section related to this topic. My starter engages when I shift into drive after the truck is already running. After replacing numerous parts, I decided I would adjust the neutral safety switch to see if that made any change. IT DID!! I tried adjusting it all the way to one direction and now the starter does not engage in drive, it now engages in 3rd with the engine running. As a matter of fact, with the key in the run position, engine off, if i shift into 3rd (or drive previously) the truck will start its self, so i know for a fact the sound is the starter engaging. I replaced the switch last summer (by mistake) thinking it was the cause of not being able to shift out of park, that problem ended up being a bad brake light switch. I'm going to replace the neutral safety switch and was wondering if anyone knows the proper way. Any and all help is appreciated !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.