Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

P0332 Question

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  adkman 
#1 ·
Hello,
So I have owned this truck for 3 months now (2002 Silverado Z71, 100k miles). About a month or so into owning it I started getting P0332 codes. I would just clear it hoping it would go away :? , but it would come back in a day or so. The truck, imo, runs good with no apparent deficiencies besides the engine light. I had been putting 89 octane gas since i bought it, recently with the gas prices it seemed reasonable to use 87. Well for whatever reason the Service light has not turned on since. I an not 100% sure yet but could this be a possible reason... ?? What could this indicate? If anyone has some knowledge of this type of behavior with these trucks, any ideas/experiences would be interesting to hear. thanks!

#2 ·
P0332 code is your knock sensor and this code only shows up when there is a low output voltage from the sensor. It may be a couple of things perhaps the sensor is faulty, bad wire connection or a problem with the pcm but has nothing to do with the octane of your feul. I would definitly have it looked at.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I guess the P0332 code doesn't actually indicate anything relating to the quality of combustion, just that the sensor is not is not behaving has expected. A misunderstanding on my part. Any idea's where I can find information about the sensor itself, IE spec's on normal resistance across the sensor? Thank you much for your advice, i really do appreciate the help.

#4 ·
You have two knock sensors. Code p0332 is for the rear sensor or bank 2 (p0327 is front or bank 1) they are located under the intake. I believe the normal resistance is 100 ohms. Not exactly sure where the connectors are on your truck you could ask one of the mechanics on here or invest in a haynes manual its well worth the 20 bucks, mine has saved me hundreds of dollars. sorry I couldn't be of more help and good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.