Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuel pressure regulator

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Portmanblaze91 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Silverado in need of a fuel pressure regulator. Autozone shows 2 kinds, one has a side vaccum connector for $45 and the other a top connector for $93. Does anyone know what's the difference and are they interchangeable? Thanks in advance.
Dan

#3 ·
in the chiltons manual it shows one with tubes on both ends one on the side and one on top, can't tell from the picture if both are for vaccum lines. ask the parts store to show both of them to you... most the time the computer dosent have good info.

#5 ·
Lately I've been noticing my truck not starting as quickly as it used to. Checking around the Internet I found a quick check to do when a vehicle is having those symtoms and you want to rule out a fuel pump. All it takes is to pull off the vaccum line from the regulator after the vehicle's been running a bit. If there's fuel coming out it means the pressure regulator is shot. I did that and found my regulator was bad, Got one on Ebay for $30 changed it in 5 minutes and I'm back in action. Something to keep in mind if you ever experience that problem.

#6 ·
I hope you took a fuel sample because on some of those fuel rails, it is common for water to settle near the fuel pressure regulator. Water is heavier than fuel and it will stay at the bottom. By replacing the regulator, the rail is drained and the problem is solved for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.