Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

RECALL notification

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  swan810 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got a recall notification in the mail. Does anyone know what it might be about? I have a 2011 5.3 crew 4x4. I have to call tomorrow, just thought I'd ask.

#7 ·
GM Customer Service said:
If anyone has any questions if the recall pertains to their vehicle, I can check the status if you send the VIN#. Also keep us posted if the recall resolves the issue. Thank you and have a great week!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
I have not recieved an alert through the mail, however my truck is the same year etc. as his. Would you mind checking my VIN for me? 3GCPKSE37BG398958 Thank you.

#8 ·
GM Customer Service said:
If anyone has any questions if the recall pertains to their vehicle, I can check the status if you send the VIN#. Also keep us posted if the recall resolves the issue. Thank you and have a great week!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
Same here would like to know if mine is affected in this recall Vin# 3GCPCSE05BG404095. Thanks in advance

#9 ·
SeattleSilverado & tjeffrey1

Hello,

I did run the VINs and neither appear to have any open recalls on you vehicles as of the moment. If you any issues occurring, please address them with your dealership to have taken care of. Do reach out if you any other questions or concerns. Thank you and have a great week!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

#11 ·
called the dealership and it is indeed the trans dipstick tube. They said the only result is a small amount of fluid leaking out so it's not a, run out and do it right now type of thing, but definitely get it checked I would say. they told me 30min for inspection and 1hr to replace if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.