Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

P0327 - O2 sensor and knock sensor

21K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  crazychevy 
#1 ·
had two codes one for o2 sensor and one for knock sensor came in at the same time... read somwhere the o2 could cause the knock code.. so replaced the o2 sensor and cleared dtc. light came on again this morning... just the p0327 code... will this cause my mpg to be bad or is there any way to bypass the sensor? there is no knock in the engine but with 128k truck prob has the water in the sensor issue.. any ideas?

#4 ·
Pretty involved, but easier than older Vortec's. If you do it you may want to consider adding a "How to" on it. It's doable by the average joe, but fairly cheap to farm out. Make sure to pay attention to where all plugs came from and be easy on the clips(even when getting disgruntled). That's the best advice you can get.

#6 ·
I recently took my truck in and had the water pump replaced and my heater core blew out. This restored my heat in the truck. Some of these water pumps have plastic fins internally versus metal and i most likely had some broken off. Anyway, heater is working great now! P0327 and P0332 trouble codes popped up about two days after having the water pump replaced. Turns out they power washed the front of the engine to get rid of the antifreeze smell. When they power washed the water pump/front part of engine, they got water between the top of the block and intake manifold. This high pressure water went into the knock sensors and i had 1/2" of water in each sensor as the seals are not really sealing anything. I spent all weekend taking truck apart and replaced the knock sensors and went ahead and completely cleaned the intake manifold. I put a good bead of high temp RTV around the Knock sensor engine block boots. It should be better sealed now. There are two options for the intake manifold gasket kit and i recommend the upgrade... it has more gasket area ensuring a good seal between cyclinders. enjoy!!!

#7 ·
My truck got rebuilt new cam,crank, lifters, pistions,and rods. truck runs great but first 2 codes to come on are PO327 (knock sensor) and O2 sensor ( PO141) replaced O2 sensor and went away for a while till now.But the knock sensor has not gona away, it always comes back after a few days of clearning with my scan tool. any help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.