Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

p0300 code...

10K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  starspangled6.0 
#1 ·
Throwing a miss fire code. It only seems to happen when it goes into 4 cylinder mode. It will clear itself and randomly come back.

#2 ·
You may have to find a friend who has access to a scan tool. With the scan tool installed, Drive the vehicle under various conditions and monitor each cylinder for missfire.

#3 ·
So it stopped raining here in south Georgia so I did a little investigating. I found a little oil seepage near and around #6 coilpack and wire. I ordered a new coilpack and will be getting plugs and wires when the coilpack gets here. In the mean time not much driving for me.

#5 ·
So I changed plugs and wires with no change. Took it to the dealer, they checked the gap of the plugs that's was good, checked coil packs those were good, did compression check and #5 failed. I'm still under 5 years, 100,000 miles so they are ripping it apart and my Axels are slinging grease and they replacing those too and its all under warranty. Glad it happened at 85,000 and not 105,000.

#6 ·
So I went to the dealer today and looked at my truck to find it in pieces. My hood was in the bed of the truck, my front tires deflated, half of my exhaust on the shop floor, tranny and transfer case sitting on a bench next to my heads, and a cherry pickers connected to the 5.3 ready to be pulled. Something tells I'm not getting my truck anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.