Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2005 Silverado 5.3L tune.

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  starspangled6.0 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Silverado Z71 5.3L (L33), I'm looking to put on a Banks cat back Monster exhaust system, and a Airaid JR drop in filter and modular pipe intake. Whats the next best tuner for my modifications? I never TOW, I'm just looking to go fast save a little fuel (if possible), and not blow my truck up!

I found that Diablosport makes the Predator, Black Bear, and Edge all have decent tuners, (every forum I searched has its preference) but were is the hard evidence? does anyone have REAL dyno information?

With the cat back, intake and tune whats the estimated hp/tq gains in total on the L33?

-thanks

#2 ·
My thoughts (even though I don't have the 5.3L):

Unless you're really picky, you'll be satisfied with just about any intake\exhaust setup out there. Airaid and Banks are two of the best brands there is, so you're on the right track.

Tuning- again, the brands you mentioned are on the top of the heap. It's really impossible to tell who has the "best", since you'd need to dyno your truck, before and after the tune. That can get quite pricey. My advice: shop around, find a product you like, and go for it. I personally have a Hypertech on my truck, and am very pleased with the results. Given the chance to do it over again, I'd get a Diablo product, since they have the option to allow for custom tuning by a professional tuner.

And, finally, it's impossible to tell what kind of gains you'll see. Every engine is different, and there are innumerable combinations of modifications you can put on. I would guess you'll see something like 20-40 HP added on when it's all said and done, but that's just my $0.02.

#4 ·
Diablosport does not make the Intune "yet" for the 05, 5.3L

#5 ·
Did some dyno runs for the before the mods and tune and broke the dyno. NOT from the truck power, I wish... , but it was fixed last week and have some time scheduled later this week to do some more mods, update the custom tune and do a dyno run. I'll post the results, but I can say without a doubt there is a nice bump in performance and two people who drove my truck bought an InTune for there Chevy Trucks. The InTune is due for an update "soon" that will included TCM support for the 4L60E and more than likely your '05. Diablosport has some "Release bugs" to resolve and the update addresses these as well. HTH, and more to come soon!

LGSONE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.