Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Tires sizes on 2500HD

16K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hevyrockerdk 
#1 ·
Got an '06 2500HD. Had factory 245/75/16. Replaced with Dueler Revos 265/75/16. Almost ready for a new set. Considering a 2" leveling kit and may put 1" block in back with leveling kit. Will 285/75/16 fit without having to trim any pieces or no rubbing? Looking at Cooper ST Maxx or SSTs. May check General Grabbers or Nitto Trails.

#3 ·
Yes, you may have to give the Torsion bars a turn or so but yes. I've got the ST Maxx just in 275 70 18 and so far so good but only had them for about 2 weeks tomorrow. They look alot better in person than they do in pics.

#4 ·
They will fit great under the truck with a leveling kit and all. Your truck will get a big lookk change with the leveling kit and tires my buddy that i work will put 285 Michelin MS's on his gray 2007 2500HD Classic and he loves them! Definetly post picks when you have it finished!

Heres a pick of my truck and my buddies after washing them both!

Attachments

#6 ·
I'd personally hold off on getting the tires if you're planning on changing up the rims. Unless you get the same size rim, you won't be able to use those tires anymore. I'm not sure if XD's even come in 16's. Haven't looked though, so don't quote me on that.

Here's an idea, check out Mr. Wheel Deal. http://www.mrwheeldeal.com

If you input all of the information on what you're looking for, say, the XD's and whatever tires you want to go with, he can find them for you at a better price than you'll probably find anywhere else, and he can even have them mounted and shipped right to you, ready to go. If I remember correctly, he even had price guarantee at one point, but I'm not sure if it's still in effect. I do know this though, if he doesn't have what you want, he can find it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.