Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2014 Sierra 20" take off wheels are on the way!!

8K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  richcory 
#1 ·
Just ordered a set of them through Ebay. This is my Christmas present to my truck.

:D :D Pictures to come!! :D :D

#3 ·
Of course. I will have to get those and either a set of TPMS or just get a new set and keep mine in my Z71 wheel. Not sure if I will keep those or not. They would make a great set of winter wheels.

#5 ·
Not sure if these will knock the speedometer off or not yet. I know going from my stock 17" NHT wheels to the 18" Z71 wheels there was no change. In fact, the wheels appeared to be the same height overall when I stood them up next to each other.

This will be the third set of wheels and tires on this truck. It only has 20K miles on it. :lol:

#8 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but from what I see it looks like my speedometer will read 59mph when I am going 60mph

Tire Size Comparison
Specification - Sidewall - Radius - Diameter - Circumference - Revs/Mile - Difference
265/65-18 ..... 6.8in ....... 15.8in ..... 31.6in ........... 99.2in ............ 639 ........... 0.0%
275/55-20 .... 6.0in ....... 16.0in ..... 31.9in ......... 100.2in ............ 632 ........... 1.1%

#9 ·
That would be because of the difference of overall diameter, not the rim diameter. If you had 17", 18" and 20" rims that when the tire was mounted, had the same overall diameter, the speedometer wouldn't change.

#10 ·
understood

#12 ·
Wheels arrived in Wilmington, OH about a half hour ago. That's 7.5 hours away from me. I don't think they will make their way down here until Monday. Funny how they went to Ohio before coming to me, beings how I purchased my truck out of Ohio too. I am starting to think these wheels were made for my truck :D

I have ordered a set of Bowtie logo center caps and they arrived in Richmond, VA today. I should have them tomorrow :D

#13 ·
You would be surprised, they may get there tomorrow or Friday. UPS, USPS, and FedEx cover some serious ground over night.

#14 ·
They are being shipped by a freight company. Ticket shows 3 day delivery. They were shipped out late yesterday and when the company closes shop tomorrow it will not reopen until Monday. My guess is that they will make it to Baltimore, MD sometime tomorrow and from there they will have to contact me for delivery. I am having them delivered to my house.

#15 ·
6Sixathome said:
You would be surprised, they may get there tomorrow or Friday. UPS, USPS, and FedEx cover some serious ground over night.
Maybe you are right :D
Departed WILMINGTON, OH in route to destination terminal
If they are on the move overnight they should arrive in MD first thing in the morning. That would be great!

#17 ·
The wheels made it here on Monday. Sorry no pictures yet but they are on and they do look great!

Issues I am running into is getting the correct Chevy bowtie logo center caps. I purchased a set on ebay but found they do not fit right. GM did a redesign on the bore on the wheel and the caps. The diameter is the same but the lock tabs are 1/4" longer and there are also small tabs (like a shoulder) on the inner rim of the cap that prevents it from going in too far, making them fit flush to the rim.

I believe I have found the correct caps but no local dealer has any in stock. My dealer does not know if these will fit because these wheels are too new. They ordered one for me to test fit and it should get here late next week. I hope it is correct or it will be around a $40.00 mistake!

The caps that I am going to try to fit these wheels are the same ones that are used on the 2014 LTZ Silverado. These wheels http://www.ebay.com/itm/121223757424?ss ... 1423.l2649

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are a couple pictures of the difference in caps. In the pictures the GMC cap is on the right.

20131202_184028.jpg

20131202_184128.jpg

The two main differences are, the lock tabs on the new design is 1" long or about 1/4" longer than the design of the older caps. And the shoulder tab on the inner portion of the outer ring. I circled them in red but it is still a little hard to see. Click on the picture to blow it up for a better view.
20131202_184129.jpg

20131202_184054.jpg

Attachments

#20 ·
Hope so. If they do they will set me back around 160.00 :shock:

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
The caps that come on the 2014 LTZ are in fact designed to mount the same way as the GMC BUT they are not the same finish. :( The Chevy caps have a polished aluminum finish, the Sierra caps are chrome. The polished finish almost looks like chrome until you install it, they are different.

So for now I have no choice but to use the Chevy caps I already purchased that don't fit flush. The counter sink in the hole about 1/4". Everyone that I have shown this too says it looks good. It could just be me because I know it's not how it is suppose to fit. Hopefully GM chromes those wheels on the LTZ so I can get the right caps!

Here is a picture of the truck this evening. It is dark and dirty but it is the only one I have had a chance to take of it with the new wheels. In this picture there is a center cap on the rear wheel but not the front.

photo_zps0956e301.jpg

Attachments

#23 ·
I found the correct caps today!!!

The chevy bowtie logo cap for the 2014 20" and 22" wheels is gm #19301593. these are sold in a set of 4 and the list price is 84.70. luckily the parts guy cut it a little for me and sold them to me for 50.00. I will post a picture of it as soon as I can.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry for the delay in posting pictures but here it is.

20140109_133026.jpg

Here is a close up of the wheels fitted with the correct Bowtie logo caps
20140109_133101.jpg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.