Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

03 silverado won't start again

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  biketruck 
#1 ·
so, now my 03 silverado v6 won't start again(what a surprise) . have had trouble with it not starting in the past when it's humid and or raining. have recently replaced fuel pump,fuel filter, fuel lines, distributor cap & rotor. rained like hell the other day. went out to make sure it started an hour before i had to leave for work. it started right up. figured it was safe, shut it down and went back inside. when i went to leave for work , it wouldn't start. turns over, fuel pump working. sprayed starter fluid in just for shits & grins. nothing. replaced distributor cap & rotor . still nothing turns over but seems like no spark. truck had about 165,000 miles on it and i'm about to use it for target practice. can't afford to loose more time from work. and can't afford new truck.
h e l p!!!!! lol

#3 ·
MGMTF said:
You said cap and rotor, what about the ignition coil?
i checked the coil wire today. looked ok so i reinstalled it and the truck started right up! must have been loose or something. also found #3 plug was loose when i was checking plug wire for spark. ran good today started and shut off a few times w/no problem. they're predicting rain tuesday to friday in my area. hope it holds up.
thanks

#6 ·
RugbyPhreak said:
Hopefully it stays an easy starter. If not, keep track of where you get fuel. I've had problems with bad fuel in the past and bad gas just snowballs more problems. I had to replace the fuel lines, fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires, filters, and rebuild the carb.
Well I think we can be sure he at least won't have that problem haha

#7 ·
MGMTF said:
RugbyPhreak said:
Hopefully it stays an easy starter. If not, keep track of where you get fuel. I've had problems with bad fuel in the past and bad gas just snowballs more problems. I had to replace the fuel lines, fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires, filters, and rebuild the carb.
Well I think we can be sure he at least won't have that problem haha
If he does, someone royally screwed up somewhere! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.