Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Please Help! Check engine light

3K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  ASTE25 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2000 silverado long bed standard cab 4X4 V6 4.3 liter. I have a check engine light saying misfire on the 4th cylinder. I brought it to the dealer and the said it was the distributor because after they did the camshaft relearn it switched which cylinder was misfiring. This is what I have replaced so far; Distributor, cap & rotor, spark plugs, wires. The dealer said it was not fuel related. Any thoughts? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks alot.

#6 ·
You could, assuming you have a pretty good selection of hand tools. If you decide to do it, get with me beforhand and I'll explain how to mark the distributor before you remove it so you can put it back exactly how you took it out. this is one of the most important steps because if you do not put it back right, your camshaft position sensor will not be in the right place. That will cause some problems as well as your check engine light to come on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.