Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Diablo Sport I2030????

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ricka182 
#1 ·
So I am contemplating buying a diablosport I2030 for my truck, Its a 2006 Chevy Silverado 4.8L 7 inch lift on 35's

Is it worth it?
Will I see any gains?

What are your Guys opinions on it? I can get it for a really good deal through work.. $300 brand new

#3 ·
I have an Intune i1000 for my truck and I gained +2mpg using just the 87 canned tune on my 2006. It also corrected my speedometer as I have larger tires. I would say it is definitely a good purchase, and if you get it for $300, for that price you can afford to have Lew do a custom tune and get even more out of it...

#4 ·
Cool. I'm just hoping for a noticeable difference. I had a bullydog gt on one of my old trucks and it didn't like that at all. so i don't wanna hurt the truck. But from Everything I have read Diablo is the best besides getting a dyno tune.

Are lews custom tunes worth the money? Cause thats something I'd Definitely be interested in.

#10 ·
Like most will agree it is a good tuner. And I got a Lew custom tune even better. But I can`t see were all are getting better gas mileage now before all will say you get more power and put your foot down more I haven`t. But you get 1 year free tuning with Lew and I might just send a another log to get him to make sure all parameters are in range? Get it you`ll dig it and get Lew involved and more power and the best thing I liked was the shifting holding gears longer and smoother for sure.

#11 ·
The way i look at it. I don't give a damn about gas mileage... if i wanted gas mileage i wouldn't of lifted my truck.... or even bought a truck for that matter. I just want to feel the increase in power. If i get it I will most likely get lew involved this summer sounds like its worth it.

#14 ·
I would concentrate on regearing first. Your engine and transmission will thank you, and you'll feel the power for sure. But it costs almost as much as a good lift installed, close to $3K or more... Do you know what gears you running now? If it's the same as mine, it would be 3.42, which is pretty harsh on everything, but not going to break it too bad. Getting those bigger tires rolling is a lot of work for the engine..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.