Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Spectre CAI MAF sensor troubleshoot

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jimnfor 
#1 ·
Okay so I bought a spectre CAI for my 2007.5 4.8 Silverado! Well after I start disassembly I then realize that my factory sensory doesn't just unscrew like the instructions say nor the Internet! So has someone changed out my sensor or am I doing something wrong? T

This is the intake I bought

This is where the mass air flow sensor should mount on the CAI

And this is my factory one

See less See more
#5 ·
two things, I googled your MAF sensor and it looks like you have the correct one (2007 4.8).
second, according to Spectre website you may have the wrong kit. the kit called for on your truck just comes with the metal intake pipe and re-usues your section with the sensor in it, therefore no holes in the metal pipe.
Don't take any of that to the bank, just what I see from their site.

#7 ·
jimnfor said:
two things, I googled your MAF sensor and it looks like you have the correct one (2007 4.8).
second, according to Spectre website you may have the wrong kit. the kit called for on your truck just comes with the metal intake pipe and re-usues your section with the sensor in it, therefore no holes in the metal pipe.
Don't take any of that to the bank, just what I see from their site.
I wonder if i can just buy the newer style MAF sensors and install it? should clip right in just like factory!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.