Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

'16 5.3L SILVERADO INTAKE SWAP???

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ferraiolo1 
#1 ·
So I purchased a 2016 5.3 v8 z71 4x4 Silverado. All I've done is k&n cold air intake. I'd like to upgrade intake manifold to LS1/LS6 intake man.

Can I simple remove and bolt on a LS1 OR LS6 INTAKE manifold and fuel rails with no programming?

Going to program it in future but wanted to kno if i can run it without for the time being?

What kind of mods if any will be needed for this project?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I don't think any of the typical ls intakes will work since they have the holes for the injectors in them, which the newer ecotec motors do not since they are direct injected.

But maybe I'm wrong. I haven't done too much research on mods for the newer motors yet.

#7 ·
Im not sure what gains are to be had with direct injection manifold swaps but im sure its not worth the money.. With a car intake you are going to push your peak horse far up into the rpm range because of short runners. your truck intake flows incredibly well. Just keep it on there and save money for a cam swap or a different mod that will actually help you.

nice ride BTW!

#8 ·
Why would you want to do such a silly thing? The ls intake manifolds were designed for optimal power on the ls engines. It would almost be like going backwards. Would make more sense to look at the new camaro/vette intakes that have the newer engines. But even that the power increase wouldn't be enough to justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.