jQuery not supported.

5.3 twin turbo build

Re: 5.3 twin turbo build

Postby starspangled6.0 » Jul 15 2013, 3:37am

Yowza! Keep the pics coming! Can't wait to see it in action.
07 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Crew Cab Dually
04 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Extended Cab w\Hiniker 8.5 V
03 Sierra 2500HD 6.0L Extended Cab w\BOSS 8.2' V

http://www.integrityoutdoor.biz
starspangled6.0
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 292
Blogs: 45
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6L Duramax
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Twin Turbo 5.3l 25psi of boost engine build   Turbo Overboost Condition   VG Turbo from a lly duramax in a 5.3l???   5.3 re-build   Looking for a custom build   Carbon build up, and mysterious lines.   1996 Silverado LQ9 4L80 Build...Choose a path! 
Vortec 5300 5.3L V8 Sponsor
Advertise Here

Postby hogwildmike » Jul 15 2013, 12:41pm

This is, without ANY DOUBTS... the craziest 5.3 Vortec build I've ever seen. What kind of boost are you going to be running? You plan on switching out the gears in the rearend? I mean.. your gonna be spitting out some major hp.. not to even mention the torque numbers. I'd be worried about that stock rear-end buddy!! Just something to keep in mind.
~2nd amendment supporter~
hogwildmike
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2005
Extra Info: procharged 5.3 V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Tuner Boost [OP] » Jul 15 2013, 2:50pm

The hood is by ProEFX, steel cowl. The vents are $349 a set and we carry them. Painted any color combo.

Boost could be 18-20 if turned up, but since it is 4 WD were keeping it around 600-650 HP as the trans is a 4L60E and even though we built this one as tough as possible (Level4) that's about all were comfortable with a FTI Billet 3400 stall. We did add a alum diff brace/cover to the rear diff.....but the rest is stock so don't want to break output shafts, etc. Still will be a beast, and the gal that owns the truck pulls a boat so wanted to keep the towing ability.
Original Poster
Tuner Boost
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Year: 2007
Extra Info: Twin Turbo
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SALES@CAI » Jul 15 2013, 3:01pm

This truck is going to be sick!
Sales / Customer Service
http://www.ColdAirInductions.com
www.facebook.com/coldairinductions "Like" us on Facebook - Monthly Giveaways!!
SALES@CAI
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby Tuner Boost [OP] » Jul 15 2013, 3:44pm

And, we prefer CAI as our #1 cold air intake for all builds.
Original Poster
Tuner Boost
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 » Jul 15 2013, 4:00pm

What are we all going to do when the politicians and activists get their way and the gas stations close and we have solar panels on top of our trucks????
I love the mods on the truck in this thread and will be looking forward to seeing the end result...A VIDEO would be nice too. I want to hear/see it run. I wish I had the time, experience and money to do something like this.
Keep the pictures coming.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6 speed, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
esox07
Topics: 68
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Tuner Boost [OP] » Jul 15 2013, 5:44pm

California has been pushing to outlaw ALL modifications of any type down to ties having to be OEM size and rating, etc. So we are all in for battle coming up. They recently legislated campfires to be illegal as they pollute (but Nancy Pelozi's jet is fine) so it is inevitable at least in the very liberal states that we will see more restrictions on what we can and cannot do.

"Outlaw it and we all become outlaws" Hmmm..

Videos soon
Original Poster
Tuner Boost
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 » Jul 15 2013, 6:37pm

Yep, that is the direction of the momentum. I heard about the banning of fires on the beaches. People complaining that it pollutes the air. What do these people think about 1/4 the northern half of the nation uses for heating. I am sure wood burning households burn enough wood in one winter to equal all the campfires on their beach. For pete's sake! That being said, I just filled up for the second time with E85. It is $2.57 a gallon here where 87 octane unleaded is $3.57. I burn it because it is so much cheaper. Not because of the environmental issues which I think are negligible to non-existent to begin with. I have found this one station that is exactly one dollar cheaper a gallon for E85. If regular unleaded hits $4.00 a gallon, I would not even consider it at $3.00 and only 25% less expensive due to the lower fuel mileage which is supposed to be about 20% less than regular unleaded.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6 speed, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
esox07
Topics: 68
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby hogwildmike » Jul 16 2013, 11:43am

Tuner Boost wrote:The hood is by ProEFX, steel cowl. The vents are $349 a set and we carry them. Painted any color combo.

Boost could be 18-20 if turned up, but since it is 4 WD were keeping it around 600-650 HP as the trans is a 4L60E and even though we built this one as tough as possible (Level4) that's about all were comfortable with a FTI Billet 3400 stall. We did add a alum diff brace/cover to the rear diff.....but the rest is stock so don't want to break output shafts, etc. Still will be a beast, and the gal that owns the truck pulls a boat so wanted to keep the towing ability.

That's going to be driven by a female? lol, don't get me wrong.. nothing wrong with a woman having some power.. but dang.. twin turbo Vortec 5.3!??! SHEEESH!

As for the transmission, those stock 4L60 transmissions are freaking stout just in stock form. Trust me, I know from experience because my 05 Silverado crew-cab (2wd) has 119,549 miles on her, and the transmission has never had any issues (not yet anyhow) and that's saying something considering the way I drive at times. I don't think she'll have any problems out of the drivetrain.. but then again, things can go 'KABOOOM!' when you least expect them too.

So, do you build 5.3 Vortecs? I'm curious because I'm going to be needing a new heart for my truck here within the next year or so.. and I'm wanting to put in something that can keep up with a Z06 or even a ZR1 Camaro. Let me know!
hogwildmike
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hogwildmike » Jul 16 2013, 11:49am

Tuner Boost wrote:California has been pushing to outlaw ALL modifications of any type down to ties having to be OEM size and rating, etc. So we are all in for battle coming up. They recently legislated campfires to be illegal as they pollute (but Nancy Pelozi's jet is fine) so it is inevitable at least in the very liberal states that we will see more restrictions on what we can and cannot do.

"Outlaw it and we all become outlaws" Hmmm..

Videos soon

My friend.. that's just all part of the U.S. Government trying to take our rights away. I'm 31 years old, so I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime (thank GOD!) but I do think eventually, like 100 to 150 years from now, everything will be regulated and most of the rights we currently have will be taken away. It's unfortunate but I have a family member who works for a certain U.S. Government "group" and he's told all of us (my family) that the U.S. Government is indeed working on ways to take away most of our rights. Again, its' not something that's going to happen over night.. because apparently the government wants to do things "slowly and intelligently" so that its not as "obvious" as to what they're up to. But, anyone with any common sense should be able to see the way society is headed.. eventually.
hogwildmike
Group Membership:
Registered users