Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

BROKEN SOURCE FOR FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR VACUUM HOSE

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  djlove 
#1 ·
Hi, new to this forum, I have a 2000 GMC SIERAA Z71 4X4 WITH A 5.3 MOTOR, yesterday i had a dead battery so when I replaced it and fired it up i noticed a strong suction sound, the sound was coming from a broken plastic elbow that the other end of the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose plugs into, my dilemma is that i cant find any parts/info on the broken plastic piece. please help fellas this truck is my money maker so i cant afford for it to be down.

also when i removed the hose from the fuel pressure regulator raw gas came out so i already replaced the regulator. thanks again!!

#2 ·
Are you talking about the rubber boot thing? Your best bet is to just stop by a dealer and see if they have one with a diagram that you can match up to a picture you will take before you go in. In the mean time, i a little cleaning and patching with duct tape will get you by for a little bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.