jQuery not supported.

Fuel Injector replacement

Fuel Injector replacement

Postby JHermosillo [OP] » Nov 24 2012, 4:20am

Just joined after not finding the answer to my question. Here's my question;
I need to replace the #2 fuel injector on my truck. 2005 Silverado 1500 V8 5.3. Any one have good, detailed, instructions? I have the basic idea. But I'd like to lean on someone's expertise.

Thanks, Jorge.
Original Poster
JHermosillo
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Picking up some fuel injector cleaner after work   Fuel Sending Unit in Fuel Tank   Fuel leak on fuel rail   Ring Replacement   5.3 engine replacement   Engine replacement question   Replacement OE plugs different than stock   2005 engine replacement   Sparkplug replacement Time????   P0449 Evap Solenoid Replacement   Power Steering Belt Replacement   Those of you that has had the piston & ring replacement   Preemptive waterpump and thermostat replacement   rough idle then stalls after starter replacement 
Vortec 5300 5.3L V8 Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Fuel Injector replacement

Postby camfire87 » Nov 28 2012, 2:01am

Well I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of detail since I've never changed injectors on a truck this new, but it should be a pretty simple task I think. Generally there will be a nut holding the fuel line onto the injector (using a line wrench will insure that you don't strip it) and then the injector itself should have either a nut shaped body or a couple flat spots you can fit a wrench on to crank it out. Depending how the fuel lines are set up you may have you disconnect all the injectors to get everything to lift out of the way. I don't think there are return lines on these newer trucks, but hopefully somebody will correct me if I am wrong.
camfire87
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3l 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Vortec 5300 5.3L V8