Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Fuel pressure regulator issues

35K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ASTE25 
#1 ·
Good morning, Im new to here, and i have a 99 silverado with a 5.3 with 251k miles on it. I have all the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator except my check engine light doesnt come on. Sometimes when i start it i have to pump it a few times to get it to run and then it runs at like 500 rpms and misfires, and if i try to take off the misfires get worse. If i let it sit and run for a few minutes its goes away and drives fine, until i have to start it again. Its a stock truck, no performance add ons, i have it serviced regularly. Any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
i didnt have a SES light on when my fuel pressure regulator went south. locate the regualor on the driver side fuel rail, pull the vacuum line and if fuel spills out then you know its bad. if i remember right, the regulator is about 25bucks at napa auto parts. takes all of 20minutes to switch them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.